Video Proof and Knights in Shining Armor

I was wrong.

I was completely and utterly wrong.

Nothing in this world I wanted less than to talk to Nezu again? What a joke. Clearly, there were far worse things than talking to Nezu alone. Namely, the situation I found myself in right now.

I took a hesitant step into the room, my eyes flitting across each of the faces staring directly back at me. Aizawa, Midnight, Power Loader, All Might, Snipe, Vlad King, and in the center of them all, Nezu and Tsukauchi both. I gulped, trying and failing to force down the knot which had formed in my throat.

"Ah, Ms. (L/N), you're here!" Nezu chirped excitedly, clapping his paws together as though the heavy atmosphere that had settled in the room simply didn't exist. "Do you know why we've called you in here today?"

"No, sir," I tensed slightly at the sound of my own voice. God, I sounded so pathetic right now.

"You liar-" Vlad King started.

"Sekijiro," Nezu cut him off sharply, sending him a harsh glare as a warning. "I believe we agreed not to talk until we heard Ms. (L/N)'s story?" The large man frowned but backed off anyways. "Right then," Nezu grinned, once again brushing past the tension, which had grown so thick by that point that you could cut it with a knife. "Ms. (L/N), did you happen to take a video of the incident that had happened in Hosu?"

I frowned slightly at the question. That's what this was about? I guess it wasn't surprising that they would have already seen it with the bug they had apparently put in my phone, but that video only proved my innocence. So why was everyone looking at me as though I had just signed a guilty plea?

"Yes, sir," I nodded slightly. I flinched as Vlad tensed, ready to spring into action, but one gesture from Nezu, and he was back in his place, continuing to send that angry glare my way. Slowly, I continued to speak. "I don't understand; was I not supposed to take any videos during the internship? No one ever warned me of any rule like that."

"That's not quite the issue here," Nezu said but didn't elaborate any further, leaving me even more confused than before. "I believe you gave your word to a Mr. Tsuragamae back in Hosu that you would not be releasing any information in regards to the Hero Killer's capture?"

"Yes, sir," I responded. "What does that have to do with me taking a video of myself when I was alone, though?"

One of Nezu's brows just barely twitched at my question. "When you were alone?" He asked, not even bothering to allow me the whole question.

"Yes," I nodded again. "That is the video you're talking about, right? The one I took right after getting that woman to safety so you guys would know I wasn't doing anything bad?"

"And you only recorded that video while you were alone?" Nezu asked, to which I just nodded silently in response. "So you have no knowledge regarding a video of the Hero Killer speaking?"

"No, sir, I didn't even know it was out there until recently," I shook my head, the frown that had crept onto my face deepening as I continued to grow more and more confused. I'd been incredibly careful when deciding on that phrasing weeks ago. It would be a lie to say I didn't know it exists, but because I couldn't be sure that the video would get released until I actually saw it, it should be true. "I dropped my phone right after I took that video. It was only returned to me when I was in the hospital by the woman who found it."

"And when was that?"

"The next day, after we met with Chief Tsuragamae."

"And you had no contact with your phone until that point?"