Surprise Searches and Panic Attacks

Despite what I'd told Aizawa, I didn't go to sleep when I made it back to my room. I watched as hours ticked by, curled up tightly in a ball as my heart rapped against my ribcage and each breath struggled to fill my lungs. I knew I was crying -- not by the feeling on my cheeks but by my pillowcase, which had become soaked. I couldn't keep the image of Aizawa's face slamming into the ground, the sickening crunch of his bones, from replaying over and over again on an endless, merciless loop. I could feel my stomach churning, the bile rising in my throat as I rubbed harshly at my skin, unable to get rid of the feeling of the Nomu's warm, sticky blood on my cheek and coating my fingers. At one point, the nausea had become so completely overwhelming that I had to rush to the bathroom, just barely making it in time to throw up in the toilet.

I panted softly, my left hand gripping the porcelain so hard that my knuckles turned bleach white. Slowly, I wiped my lips off, my hand still shaking like a chihuahua on crack. I slumped back onto the linoleum tiles, my back leaning against the wall right by the toilet.

"Call me crazy, but you don't seem very fine." I glanced up at my teacher and guardian leaning against the doorframe.

"Just a little nauseous," I dismissed him softly, leaning my head back to rest against the wall and closing my eyes.

"Is it the pain?" he ignored my attempted dismissal.

I chuckled a bit to myself. "I'm not hurt, Aizawa, so you can quit your worrying. I really just got a little bit nauseous." That was a lie. The dull throbbing of my broken ribs hadn't paused since the moment I woke up, and my hand felt like it had been completely severed. Still, it wasn't the reason I threw up. No, that was because I couldn't get the image of the Nomu's arm -- the feeling of its blood against my skin -- out of my head. Oh, god, I was gonna be sick again.

An awkward hand rested itself against my spine as I continued to expel Recovery Girl's gummy bears from my stomach. "Easy, kid. It's over," he soothed. I wiped my mouth off with a groan and moved back over to the sink, using my left hand to splash my face with some cold water.

"Thanks," I muttered, not even glancing up at him out of embarrassment. He said nothing, just standing beside me in silence. That silence was quickly interrupted, however, by a knocking on the front door. Aizawa left without a word, and I followed after him cautiously, my heart pounding. He wasn't attacked right after the USJ, I knew that much, but he also wasn't staying in the hospital tonight either. Who knew what other changes my actions had caused. From here on out, I couldn't be 100% sure of anything that would happen.

Aizawa opened the front door, and immediately, three men shoved their way in -- Sekijiro Kan, AKA Vlad King, Snipe, and Hizashi Yamada, AKA Present Mic. "What the hell is the meaning of this?" Aizawa started, but none of them were listening. I watched as Vlad King stormed through the apartment and into the last room on the left, two doors down from Aizawa's.

My room.

"H-hey, wait!" I took a step forward, but immediately I was yanked back harshly. I gasped as pain blossomed all over my side at the sudden movement and whipped my head up to meet the cold, unsympathetic eyes of Snipe.

"I suggest you cooperate if you don't want to make this any worse on yourself," he said coldly.

"What do you mean cooperate?! I didn't do anything!" I shouted in protest.

"We'll see about that, villain," he snapped back. My heart immediately fell to my stomach, and all fight drained from my body as the reason they were here finally dawned on me. They were looking for evidence of me helping the League of Villains during the attack today. It didn't matter that I'd helped them -- that I'd sacrificed my own body to save Aizawa and all of the other students -- they could only ever see me as a villain.