False Traitors and Nice Villains

Toga's head whipped over the second she heard Dabi's voice so that she was staring at me.  "Omg, bestie, it's been so long!" Toga squealed, her eyes bright and shining as she made direct eye-contact with none other than yours truly. "You finally get to come home! Isn't that so exciting?!"

I took a step back, stumbling a bit over my own two feet in shock. "W-what?" I stuttered, my voice shaking violently. "I don't-"

"The little psycho's right, kid, it's time for you to come home," Dabi interjected with a wide smirk, glancing me up and down just a bit.

"Yes, you've done a wonderful job until now, but we no longer need anymore information on UA highschool. It's time you return with us," Compress added, holding his hand out towards me.

My blood ran cold. I knew what they were doing. They were making me out to be the traitor. Acting like they knew me so that it would seem all the more believable.

I turned to my classmates in fear — the classmates who had finally, after months of fear and distrust, started to believe that maybe I was who I said I was. "Shoji?" I finally spoke, taking a slight step forward, but the large boy immediately stepped back warily, his eyes never leaving mine as he waited for me to make a move.

This couldn't be happening.

"Todoroki?" I whispered hoarsely.  The half and half boy glanced back and forth between me and Shoji, his mouth flapping open and closed as he struggled to find his voice.

Not again. Please, no.

"Midoriya, please," I whispered, my hand, still pointed threateningly at Dabi and Compress, beginning to tremble as I struggled to hold back the tears threatening to spill from my eyes at any moment.

"N-no it can't be true," the last of the three boys shook his head slightly, staring back at me with wide eyes.  And just like that, that last ounce of fight was gone. My hands fell, the water loosing its shape and running through my fingers as my entire body seemed to grow limp.

Was this all it took? A few words from the villains, and suddenly, everything I'd done to prove myself no longer existed? What did these people want from me? What would it take for me to please them? To finally make them realize I wasn't a threat?

No, that was stupid. The truth of the matter is, nothing I did would ever change anything. I could save the entire world, and they would still have that image of a villain in the backs of their minds. What was the use in fighting against that anymore? I'd never be able to change anything anyways.

I'd be better off running away.

"Come, child, your time here is done," Kurogiri's gentle, soothing voice echoed in my head, and I felt myself begin to move, my feet dragging themselves slowly over the grass.

Once I was close enough, a warm hand wrapped around my wrist and yanked me into the large chest of its owner, one arm wrapping securely around my waist to hold me still while the other hand curled gently over my neck. "Don't you go trying anything funny now, or else both you and your little friend are getting fried, understand?" Dabi muttered into my ear. I nodded ever so slightly, my eyes still staring downwards in an attempt to avoid having to face those awful, fear-filled expressions again. My own fear had me shaking violently in his grasp, but I just couldn't bring myself to do this anymore. I had completely given up. All it took was one word from these people, and any progress I had made would disappear as though it never even existed. What was the point of going on in a life like that? At least maybe this way I'd have a chance to escape.

The moment we'd walked through the tunnel, one of them made hard contact right against my temple, causing my body to crumple in Dabi's arms.

—3rd Person POV—