The Hero Killer and Power Loader

I may have gotten there in time to stop the worst of Stain's attack, but Tensei's injuries were far from superficial.  From what I could tell after just barely looking over the man, he had received a blow to the head so severe that it had blown his helmet clean off his head, and he had clearly been stabbed in his side.  More importantly, though, his back armor was broken.  When I'd run my fingers over his spine earlier, it seemed as though it was still straight, but he had to escape now, before he lost too much blood and before Stain had a chance to truly cripple him.

"Diving head first into a battle when you saw someone injured?" Stain hissed, observing me closely as he twiddled with his weapons.  "You certainly like to act like a hero.  Of course, those who act like heroes with no skills to back it up are the worst of them all.  So let's see your skill, then."

"Power Loader, get Ingenium out of here," I called behind me, not breaking eye contact with the villain for a single second.

"I'm not leaving you--"

"IF YOU WANT HIM TO LIVE, GET HIM OUT!" I screamed. I took a few steps forward, closer to Stain and away from the teacher so as to further limit his options. "I'm going to hold him off here, whether you like it or not, so just GO!"

"Sorry, but I can't allow that," Stain sneered.  "The hero Ingenium must not be allowed to leave on his own two feet."

He immediately started running forwards.  I quickly tried to freeze him with my quirk, but he was moving far too fast for me to pinpoint the water in his body exactly. If I tried to hold him still like that, I would probably end up grabbing and tearing an artery instead. And unfortunately, despite how evil this monster before me was, there was no way I could bring myself to kill another human being.

Before I could blink, a dagger was flying at my face.  I ducked to the right, but after all that one on one training with Mirio, I was well aware that my speed was lacking.  So, I reached out into the air and forced the water molecules by the dagger in the opposite direction of myself, pushing it just far to the left enough to avoid my face.  Luckily for me, it was a humid day.

By the time I'd stood back up, Stain was already in front of me, his sword drawn and a crazed look in his eyes as he stilled for just a moment in his attempt to stab me.  I jumped backwards and pushed him away with my quirk.  Stain's eyes widened as he felt his own body pulling him backwards.  This wasn't good.  I'd hoped to be able to get a hold of him before he could experience and figure out my quirk.  But that wasn't an option now. I'd have to fight him with all my cards on the table and with everything I had.

No time to retreat.  If I retreat, he controls the flow of the fight, and I'm as good as dead.  I raced forward and gathered a bunch of the water molecules in a platform before me.  I jumped upwards and landed on the platform, using the elasticity of it to shoot myself up and over Stain.  The moment I'd left his sight, I grit my teeth and grabbed the water in my own body, throwing myself back the way I came.  Stain turned, ready to slash at me, but there was nothing there.  While he was distracted and confused by my lack of presence, I was able to send a harsh punch straight into his back and kicked his knees forward.

It didn't take long for Stain to regained his balance, dashing forward and out of my range of motion.  He paused a moment, a slightly impressed look on his face.  "You used my own prediction of where you would be against me.  Not bad, baby hero," he smirked.  A shiver ran up my spine at the glint of what seemed to be pride shining in his eyes.  It made me want to vomit right that very instant.

Quickly, I forced myself to regain my composure.  Now was not the time to let him see how much he'd affected me.  Now was the time to get out of this mess at all costs.  He was already seemingly impressed with my skills, so now was the time to convince him that I was a hero and killing me would be a mistake.