Classwide Confrontations and First Names

3:20 had finally rolled around, which meant it was finally time for the end of the day. There was only one problem with this plan for the rest of my classmates, though. Standing before them was an insurmountable wall of UA students, all packed tightly together as they stared at the now famous first year hero class.

"Um, why the heck are you all here?!" Uraraka shouted at the mass of students in front of her. I rolled my eyes. Well, that was a rather rude way of phrasing it.

"Do you students have some sort of business with our class?" Iida asked, chopping his hands upwards as he sent a stern look towards them.

"Why are you blocking our doorway?" Mineta poked his head in. "I won't let you hold us hostage!" he shouted. Ugh. It's not like he could do anything about it anyways, so why doesn't he just quit forcing me to listen to that annoying voice of his?

"They're scouting out the competition, idiots," Bakugou said calmly as he made his way towards the front of the classroom. "We're the class that survived the real villain attack. They wanna see us with their own eyes." I smirked and leaned back against my desk as Midoriya and Mineta both shook with the fear of what their explosive classmate might do next. This was going to be fun to watch. Besides, I couldn't help but feel excited. My best friend would be showing up soon, after all. Bakugou came to a stop in front of the other students. "At least now you know what a future pro looks like. Now move it, extras."

Well, he's got one thing right. Everyone before him right now -- at least, those in his direct line of sight -- were all faceless side characters that I don't think ever even appeared again, except maybe to gripe about how cocky the boy was. The three foodies -- aka the broccoli, blueberry, and coconut -- immediately flipped out at his choice of words and started scolding him. Honestly, I don't understand why they get so worked up. Bakugou may be loud and angry and incredibly sure of himself, but he's nothing if not honest. He believes each and every word he says to the fullest. And usually, he's not even wrong.

Still, no way would I let him get away with insulting Shinso, so he better watch his words.

"I guess you haven't learned your lesson after all," the familiar voice rose above the offended din of the students, and I couldn't help the grin that spread across my face. My personal future hero to the rescue, as always. "I still almost can't believe everyone in the hero course is so delusional, with one exception, of course."

Well, that was my cue, I guess. I shoved off my desk and walked calmly towards my purple-headed friend, smirking slightly as I passed my classmates. I could feel my hair flowing behind me and my skirt fluttering, and for the first time, I felt like I really was in an anime. And let me tell you, I'd never felt like such a badass.

"Don't be too harsh on them, Shinso," I hummed as I got closer. "They tend to have a hard time understanding that the world doesn't revolve around them." I could hear Bakugou gritting his teeth together, fuming silently at my words.

"Still, it really is quite sad," Shinso sighed. "You know, I wanted to be in the hero course, but like many others here, I was forced to choose a different track. Such is life." I came to a stop beside my friend and placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder, squeezing gently in an attempt to give him both courage and comfort. "I didn't cut it the first time around, but I have another chance," he went on. "If any of us do well in the sports festival, the teachers can decide to transfer us to the hero course. And they'll have to transfer people out to make room." My smirk widened as the entire room stiffened. Good. They should be afraid. Shinso could beat most of them with his hands tied behind his back. "Scouting the competition? Maybe some of my peers are, but I'm here to let you know that if you don't bring your very best, I'll steal your spot right from under you. Consider this a declaration of war."