Makeshift Blades and Second Looks

"He's gotta be knocked out after all that... Right?" Midoriya's soft voice finally broke through the tension that had gathered as we all stared at the Hero Killer lying atop the tower of ice before us.

Todoroki let out a soft huff and straightened, his shoulders relaxing ever so slightly. "Then let's restrain him and get him to the street," he said calmly. "Maybe we can find some rope."

"Yeah," Midoriya responded thoughtfully. "And we should probably take all his weapons, too."

"Good idea," Todoroki nodded, already glancing around for something to restrain the unconscious main with.

I dragged myself to my feet, a soft huff escaping my lips as a sharp pain shot through my right leg the moment I put some weight on it. That sudden change in momentum earlier probably sprained something. My eyes flickered to Todoroki, who was now keeping a wary eye on me as he finally seemed to realize that I was still, in fact, here. I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"What, you still think I'm a villain because of what a deranged murderer told you?" I snapped, frustration bubbling in my chest.

"If you're not, then maybe you can explain what he was talking about earlier," Todoroki bit back, his jaw setting stubbornly into place. "You can't deny that he obviously recognized you. So explain what just happened."

"Todoroki-" Iida started, but I immediately cut him off.

"Yeah, he did recognize me. Wanna know why? Because a week ago, he stabbed me in the stomach while I was saving the life of your little buddy's big brother! So why don't you get off your high horse and stop assuming shit?!" My teeth were grinding together, my hands clenched so tightly that my muscles were shaking.

Todoroki's eyes widened in shock, and he turned to Iida for confirmation, who nodded solemnly. The look on his face slowly changed from one of shock to one of guilt. "(L/N), I..." He started, but trailed off when I shook my head, turning my back to him.

"You assumed the absolute worst about me at the words of a villain and then proceeded to attack me," I finished calmly for him, my eyes shining with anger. "Look, I get it that you guys are wary of me or whatever, but you shouldn't be attacking anyone at the words of someone else. I could have been really hurt, thanks to you. So why don't you just search the actual villain in front of you for any weapons instead of continuing to accuse your ally." Todoroki blinked, unable to say anything, so instead I took the opportunity to make my way towards Native, who was still sitting with his back up against the wall. I crouched beside him, forcing a friendly smile onto my face. "Are you alright? Can you stand?" I asked, offering my left hand. My right one hung limply at my side, throbbing painfully with every beat of my heart. I have no idea what exactly happened during that battle, but now that the adrenaline was wearing down, I was finally starting to feel the full effects of Stain slashing through my water.

"Y-yeah, thanks," he nodded, taking hold of my hand and pulling himself shakily to his feet.  He was probably pretty confused about what just happened and more likely than not at least a little worried about the implications behind their accusations.

I sent him another very small smile, choosing not to notice the fact that he obviously has his guard up.  The man almost died.  It's only right that he be at least a little bit nervous around a total stranger.  I turned back just in time to see Todoroki laying the last of Stain's weapons on the street and wrapping him up with the rope. Carefully, I reached out with my quirk to search him myself a second time, and almost immediately, my breath had caught in my throat.

What happened? What had I changed? Was Todoroki not supposed to be the one searching Stain? Was that why it was different? I had no idea; they never actually showed that scene. The only thing I did know was that I had made a massive mistake. There was no longer a dagger hidden in Stain's sleeves.