Handcuffs and Cover Stories

I groaned and slowly opened my eyes. Immediately, I shut them again, the painfully bright lights practically blinding me as my head started throbbing again.

"(Y/N)!" I winced and shrank away from the loud noise. That really hurt. "What the hell is wrong with you?!" What? I couldn't have heard that right. Who in their right mind would yell at someone who'd just fainted--

Aizawa. It was definitely Aizawa.

I peeked my eyes open to look up at the extremely angry man standing over me. "Good morning..?" I croaked, smiling sheepishly.

"I had two rules. Two rules, and you almost broke both of them!" He snapped, slamming his hand down beside the bed. "AND ONE OF THEM WAS NOT DYING!" I glanced down, fiddling with my fingers nervously and avoiding his gaze. Aizawa sighed and ran his fingers through his long hair. "Listen, kid, I need you to start avoiding trouble, not seeking it out. It was already bad enough when you showed up out of nowhere. I can't have you breaking the law and fighting villains, too. There's only so much I can do for you."

"I know," I whispered softly, glancing up at him. "I'm really sorry. But I couldn't just let him get hurt."

Aizawa sighed and laid a heavy hand down on my head, rubbing it harshly. I whined out in protest, but he ignored it. "Just drink your water," he grumbled, shoving a large cup of water into my hand.

I smiled up at him and took the water gratefully, quickly downing its contents. I sighed in content as the cool liquid filled my chest before rushing through the rest of my body all the way down to my fingertips. It felt like I had just made it rain in the Sahara. The negative effects of my quirk really were a pain to deal with.

"What are you doing here?" My momentary bliss was interrupted by Aizawa's voice, low and almost threatening. I frowned and furrowed my brows, glancing up in confusion.

"Is it not obvious? I'm here to question a criminal," Vlad King responded confidently from where he stood in the doorway, his arms crossed over his chest. I frowned and quickly turned away from the large man, immediately shrinking in on myself. The memory of them searching my room still terrified me, and the fact that clearly nothing had changed for the 1-B teacher made it all the worse.

"Self defense isn't against the law," Aizawa growled back, meeting the other teacher head on.

"No, but vigilante work is," Vlad King smirked triumphantly.

"It's only considered vigilante work if she actively seeks him out," Aizawa snapped, stepping forward, almost as a challenge. "And either way, she was with a pro hero and UA teacher. So long as he gave her permission, she is not at fault."

"That's exactly what I'm here to figure out," Vlad King merely continued to show that merciless smirk. He shoved past Aizawa and grabbed my arm before snapping a pair of handcuffs down on one of my wrists and connecting the other end to the rail of the hospital bed. I just glanced away from him. I was too tired to fight him right now.

"What do you think you're doing? She's not been arrested!" Aizawa rushed over and ripped Vlad King off of me.

"Just a precaution," Vlad King smiled, his hands up in mock surrender. "Now, let's reveal your true colors, shall we?" He sneered at me.

Detective Tsukauchi entered the room, glancing around hesitantly. It must have been quite the sight to see, too -- an infuriated man glaring daggers at the much larger, rather confident man who was standing next to a cowering teenage girl currently handcuffed to her hospital bed. I groaned and let my head fall backwards in frustration. Just how many times would they bring this guy in to question me? I mean, I guess I understood why they were doing it, but it was just so exhausting to have to dance around my words all the time.