Underestimations and Five Step Plans

Before I knew it, my match had arrived, and I walked reluctantly down to the battle field. It was a large city-scape, buildings that stretched high into the clouds surrounding me on all sides. Hawks had started on the other side of the arena, giving me just a bit of time to prepare myself, but I doubted it would be very long before he managed to find me.

Hawks would be able to take advantage of my biggest weakness -- the fact that I wasn't able to take control of anyone moving too fast without risk of severe injury. It was a good test for me. My success would depend on how well I was able to apply my quirk. This battle would also allow me to see just how well the technique I'd developed to fight against Stain really matched up. If I could manage to use that to dodge the speed hero, I should be able to dodge anyone.

The buzzer sounded, and I immediately started running towards the exit. Of course, it wasn't long before the winged hero had caught up to me.

"Hey, now, you didn't really think that would work, did you?" He said cockily as he floated just in front of me. I huffed out a soft laugh to myself when I noticed that he was staying well above the ground as he talked to me. Well, plan A to take control of his body when he wasn't paying attention was out the window, considering if I tried to do that now, he would drop straight out of the air.  He may have been underestimating me, but that didn't make him any less smart.  Time to move on to plan B, I guess.

"I was hoping you would make it easier on me by waiting at the gate," I shrugged, doing my best to act carefree. "Guess I'm gonna have to put in a little more effort than I was hoping to in order to take you down. Not like it'll actually be all that difficult, though." Hawks frowned slightly, and I held back a smirk.

Damage his pride, check.

Quickly, I ripped a strip of fabric from my sleeve and tied it around my eyes. Almost reflexively, my quirk shot out. I would definitely be needing a larger radius this time, considering Hawks specialized in long distance combat. 20 feet, that should be enough. Carefully, I scattered some of the water in the packs on my hips all over the radius I'd created, releasing my control of them as soon as they were in place. Immediately, my image of the area around me became incredibly clearer. Having as clear an image as possible would definitely help when Hawks starts attacking me.

"What the-- What are you-- What am I supposed to--?" Hawks stuttered out, clearly incredibly confused by my sudden fashion choice.

Get his undivided attention, check.

Without a word, I whipped some water out and smacked him in the back, releasing my control of it about a centimeter away from him so that it wound up completely soaking his wings. That seemed to knock him out of his confusion, and he started launching feathers at me. I let out a soft huff of a calming breath and allowed my body to start moving on its own. I twisted, ducked, and dodged every which way, avoiding each of the feathers as they continued to approach me. Just like before, it was like I could see exactly where they were going to go just by the angle of the feathers, in no small part due to me drenching them before hand. And thank god I did, too, because I really wasn't sure if this was going to work, considering I couldn't see projectiles quite as clearly as I could a punch or a kick. Of course, I couldn't dodge them all, some of the feathers scraping across my arms and legs, but the extra water I'd released into the air was unbelievably helpful in pinpointing them.

As I continued weaving my way through the feathers, the agility I'd worked so hard to hone with Iida really being put to the test as I was forced to literally bend over backwards more than a few times, I started shooting small bits of water towards Hawks, each one hitting him almost like a rain drop. The small, ineffectual impacts couldn't have felt like more than an extra hard poke.