Adventures in Training and Noodles

After my talk with Midoriya had ended, training for the UA Sports Festival -- or in my case, training for my personal mission -- officially started, and suddenly, my weeks became rather busy.

Tuesday

"Goooood morning, Vietnam!" I called, tossing my bag to the side of the door. I glanced around the large gym excitedly, taking in my surroundings. "I can't believe you guys get free access to the gym!" I grinned and spun around to face the third year who had walked in behind me.

"There are definitely benefits to being a member of the Big Three," Mirio chuckled, dismissing my excitement. "Well, then, shall we get started?"

I smirked and nodded, bending my knees ever so slightly in preparation for Mirio's incoming attack. I'd watched his battle a million times over, so I at the very least had a guess as to what his first attack would be. And just as I thought, Mirio suddenly disappeared into the floor.

Ok, time to test out a new trick of mine.

I jumped straight into the air, and before my feet could touch back down, I gathered a bunch of water directly beneath my feet. I landed on the small platform, but the molecules I'd gathered were more elastic than I thought. I gasped as I slipped and fell back down to the ground.

"Looks like I'm gonna have to work on that one a little more," I laughed a bit, standing back up as quickly as I could. And it was just barely in time, too, because that's when Mirio popped up out of the ground directly behind me. I whipped around and threw a punch forward, but as expected, Mirio managed to turn on his quirk in time and disappeared into the ground again.

Alright, let's try something different this time.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before reaching out with my quirk, a skill I'd been practicing in bed every night since that very first battle training. Every particle of water in the room filled my consciousness, creating outlines of each solid object as well as a rough understanding of the air around me. After all of that practice, I was able to create a perfect replica of any room I wanted through concentration alone. In other words, nothing would be able to show up in this room without my knowing.

Suddenly, the water particles started rushing out in all directions, and a body appeared. Immediately, I reached out with my quirk and held the body in place, spinning around again to face Mirio, now suspended in the air. His eyes were blown wide as he stared down at me. I rushed forward, getting ready to throw a punch, but when I did, my punch went straight through him. He fell through my grip and into the floor without even giving me the chance to do anything. I groaned and reached out with my quirk again. The moment he appeared again, I froze him while already swinging my arm to try and actually punch him this time. And again, it did nothing.

This continued for another 15 minutes before I'd fallen to my knees, panting, my mouth as dry as a desert. Mirio appeared again, and once again I caught him.

"WAIT!" I gasped.  "Don't activate your quirk yet!"  Mirio frowned and narrowed his eyes.  "Listen, I don't have the energy to keep this up, but I don't really wanna get punched in the stomach, either, so I'm just gonna forfeit," I smiled slightly, raising my arms in a display of innocence as I let go of my quirk.  Mirio dropped back down to the ground.  "Besides, this isn't really helping either of us train all that much, anyways.  I'd rather we start working on hand to hand combat."

"I guess you're right," Mirio chuckled.  "I've been trying to catch you off-guard, but every time I show up, it's like you've been waiting for me.  Your punches were way too easy to predict, though.  Here, let me show you a better way."

And that was how I managed to get one of the top students in the school to show me how to properly punch your target.  We ended up training without the use of our quirks for the rest of the morning until we had to go to school.  Suffice to say, once quirks were off the table, I didn't stand a chance.