Chapter 17. Repetition

**CONTENT WARNING**
This chapter contains mature content such as blood and sexual material. Material is explained further, see information in "Ongoing Updates, Publishing, Warnings."

Super fun fact, I'm listening to Christmas music. Yes, I know, I'm just that fricken cool. I am also, most definitely, not trying to distract you from how long this chapter is. 

OH, also I don't know french or latin, obviously, so i use google translate. So things aren't 'accurate' per say... 

28 July 21

Neveah Crow

The following day started with Draco still in my arms. We shared a few mumbled sentences, still half asleep, before he left early in the morning. Although a promising night, we both knew we couldn't be caught by the others. 

Hermione came by a few hours later, by then I had gotten my rest. As promised, she'd help me pack my things. 

"How are you feeling today, Neveah?" She asked.

"Better." Which was true, although it didn't excuse my bruised, aching body. 

"That's really good to hear. I talked to Madam Pomfrey and she gave me a list of exercises to improve your mobility." 'Mione promptly handed me a long list of acts and potions with annotations in the margins. "You'll need to perform at least three times a week for good results."

I shouldn't have expected anything less from Hermione but I couldn't help but laugh. 

"We get it Hermione, no need to be such a show off." Ron appeared around the corner, Harry close behind with a smile.

"I am NOT a showoff, Ronald. I just want Neveah to feel better as soon as she can."

"No worries Hermione, I really appreciate it." I pinched her arm sweetly. "What are you two boys doing here?"

"Harry suggested we wake up at bloody 6 in the morning and head for London. All for some strawberries at a market in some muggle town." Ron and Harry placed two brown bags at the foot of the bed. "Longest wait in the world."

"It's not just a market, Ron. They popup throughout the month and only leave a few clues here and there as to where they'll be. They're meant to be the best in the world. I was lucky enough to have found them." Harry took out four boxes, "Amoureux des Fruit. That's what they're called. I wanted to get them for... us."

Although Harry's lips said 'us' his eyes said 'you', eyeing me intensely. I figured Hermione noticed, interrupting the tension. "What does it mean?"

"Lovers Fruit." I replied, eyes still locked with Harry's.

"Well then, let's give it taste shall we?" Ron rubbed his palms together impatiently.

Harry passed us each a box. While giving me mine, our hands touched ever so slightly. "I hope you like them." He whispered, sending shivers along my back.

Inside revealed a dozen strawberries divided in two layers. Some were candied in sugar, coated with coconut, drizzled with all types of chocolate. Both looks and smells were divine and I could only imagine the taste. 

A single bite was enough for me to know why they were the best in the world. A small groan escaped my lips in satisfaction. I watched Harry's eyes flash to mine. I felt hot, my face terribly warm. Ron and Hermione were lost in their own world, unbothered by the atmosphere we created.

"Thank you, Harry. They're absolutely incredible. You're incred-"

Harry cut me off by reaching a hand on my cheek. He was close enough so that I could feel the heat off his body. His thumb traced my cheek as he smiled at me. I held my breath as he inched  closer. Just as I thought he might've closed the space between us, he spoke.