Chapter 5. Letters

Wowwwww so a TikTok on my account got really popular recently! I came back to my phone to see so many new readers! Thank you guys for reading and I hope you stick around, I have a lot more ideas coming.

This chapter I tried my best to have the events match the movie.

Anyways enjoy :)

{updated 5.2.21}

Neveah Crow

It's been a few days since our last DA meet. All the leaves have fallen, wind forces them away as the nights get colder. It's not the only thing that's changing. Umbridge is taking over the school.

Sleeping feels difficult. Instead, I made my way down to the common room. I came to read a book, or study an old one by the fireplace nearly every other night. Seeking quiet, and peace of mind. Tonight, it didn't last long. Harry's loud footsteps came from the stairs.

"W-we have to go. We have to go now." Harry sprinted down the stairs, Ron following behind him.

"What's going on?" I shut my book, rushing to meet Harry. I looked in Ron's direction, hoping for an answer.  "He had another nightmare." He replied.

Harry was hyperventilating, rummaging the common room shelves. Sweat left a mark on his clothes, his glasses forced on in a hurry. His attention was completely fixated on the room around him, ignoring us both. 

"Harry, Harry calm down." He wouldn't listen. I rushed towards him, grabbing his face with my hands. "Harry, look at me. I need you to breathe. Tell us what happened."

"It's Mr. Weasley. He's been attacked."

The boys rushed to inform Dumbledore, they took a portkey straight to Grimmauld. Dream or not, it could be true. I wouldn't dare stand in the way. I waited till they left to inform Hermione, still asleep in her room. 

"Hermione. Hermione, wake up." I nudged her in her bed, anxiously waiting for her to wake. I tried to keep calm, but even I could hear the wavering in my voice. 

"W-what is it? It's four in the morning Neveah what could it possibly be?" She rubbed her eyes open, still speaking half asleep.

"It's Harry. He had a dream Mr. Weasley had been injured. Something about it was- too real Hermione." She knew what I meant by 'too real.' Because there wasn't another way to describe it. "They've already left. Grimmauld, they called it."

"What? Is he alright?" She was quick to alert herself, propping herself up in anticipation. 

"We're not sure. I think they'll be staying there for a while if something really is wrong. We'll have to wait for any updates." I answered, "I just wanted to tell you."

"Y-yes thank you Neveah. We'll write them in the morning."

We were both rattled of course. Deep down we knew it had something to do with the Dark Lord.

Although we laid in silence, neither of us could sleep. We stared at the empty walls, waiting for tomorrow.

***

"Neveah!" Hermione barged into the room. "They wrote back!" 

We had sent out a letter the morning after they left, although days had already passed since today's reply. 

"Open it, quickly!" We rushed towards the desk as she read it allowed.

Hermione and Neveah,

I'm sorry for the late reply, Ron and I both made it to the Grimmauld safely. The Weasley family and Sirius are here with us as well.

    Mr. Weasley should be back any day now. We had gotten to him just in time. He is currently resting at St. Mungo's Hospital.