Chapter 32. I'm Yours

**CONTENT WARNING**This chapter contains mature content such as sexual material. Material is explained further, see information in "Ongoing Updates, Publishing, Warnings."

Neveah Crow

"Why are you always fighting? Aren't you tired?"

"What?"

"Exhaustion can kill you. Did you know that birds can die while flying?"

"Who are you?" I spun my head, surrounded by an empty, dark cloud. 

"Isn't it ironic? Dying while doing something you are meant to do. Birds fly from the cold, it's their instinct. Their nature. But, sometimes, they're too late..." The voice bounced from one ear to another. It echoed, shattering glass. "They still fly, of course. Into the storm. And they just don't stop. Right up to the moment they're wings stop flapping. Down, down, down."

"Where am I? Who are you!" My heart quickened, my voice shook. I chased the darkness, spun in circles. I couldn't find the voice."

"Sometimes, a flock follows. And one by one, they fall. Just like their leader." The smoke gripped around my ankles like vines, tighter, tighter. "Can you really call that a leader? Someone who willingly flies into danger, knowing they will fail. Knowing they will get everyone else killed?"

Two more shot out from the ground, snatching my wrists. I began screaming but- my voice was gone. Empty cries for help. I fell to my knees, wrestling against the dark reins. I felt the smoke move closer, faster.

"Aren't you exhausted, Crow?" The dark figure loomed outside the void, growing larger each step. The cloud separated, revealing Voldemort.

"Shh, Shh child." He hushed my wrangling rather than my voice. "Let me speak, my dear."

His eyes were a complete void, lacking anything human. He was merely a step from me, towering.

"Do not be a fool like your parents, Crow. We both know that did not end well. You are destined to fail, just like them. And you're taking your friends down with you. Do you wish for that?" I stopped moving. The thought of my parents cold bodied, my friends piled onto one another. These thoughts were not mine. "You were led astray, my child. Let me guide you. You will become the most powerful witch of your time, right by my side. And... your friends would live."

He waited, and I was silent. Hearing his words over and over. I did not know what was real. What was me and what was him.

"Just give me the journal." The reins loosened.

The journal... My parents. My friends. Harry... Draco.

I fought against the void, breaking the barrier to my voice. "NO!"

"You fool!" The vines of smoke wrapped tightly around my throat. "You want so badly to be the Hero, don't you? Don't you understand, girl? They made you the hero because you would be unstoppable as the villain!"

I struggled to breathe, barely able to gasp. With every word the room grew darker, colder. I closed my eyes as hard as I could. Focus.

"You will die! You ALL will die! And it will be your fault." His hand gripped my chin. "I warned you. You could have saved them."

I ran through my head, searching for the perfect moment. A memory so perfect, so full, so light... that it could help me destroy it all. There was none.

Looking- I kept looking. The room... its- its fading. And his voice, it's gone quiet. My head is floating and I can't feel... anything. I can't breathe.