Chapter 34. Party Crasher

**CONTENT WARNING**This chapter contains mature content such as emotional, physical and mental trauma. Material is explained further, see information in "Ongoing Updates, Publishing, Warnings."

Neveah Crow

"You almost ready 'Mione?" I called out, assessing myself in the mirror.

"Just about!" She answered from the bathroom. "How do I look?" Hermione walked out looking as stunning as ever. A nervous smile fit into her pink dress.

"Words cannot describe how beautiful you look, Hermione." I beamed.

"Thank you, Nev. You look amazing as always."

I had chosen a similar dress to the one I tried on a few days ago. It was a little more modest, but just as perfect. Wearing the original dress felt... dirty.

"You ladies ready?" A short knock at the door.

"Harry!" I beamed.

"You look beautiful." He grinned.

"You look beautiful." I laughed, so did he. And that was no short of the truth. Harry wore a fitted tux, causing his broad shoulders to peek through. His hair was promptly parted at the side, a fly away hair landing on his forehead. His deep red tie matched my dress perfectly.

"These are for you." I didn't notice his hand behind his back until a bouquet of white tulips were presented in front of me.

"Harry- you didn't." I gratefully took the flowers in my hand, taking a soft sniff. "It's just dinner and a gathering... you didn't have to."

"That makes it worth it." He said, pointing to the cheesy grin on my face.

I shook my head as I put the flowers on my nightstand.

"Okay lovebirds, let's get going. No need to be late due to your cheesy flirting." Hermione made herself present again.

"Okay, okay, let's go!" 'Mione followed me out the door as I asked, "Wait, where's Ron?"

Hermione and Harry seemed to give each other a knowing glance.

"We had a- disagreement." She mumbled.

"What?" I said a little louder than intended. "What do you mean?"

"I'll tell you later, okay?" She smiled, nodding her head to leave. "Let's go."

Dinner went by extremely slow. And by the looks on everyone's faces, they agreed. Needless to say, we were happy to make our way to the party hall. The room was filled with lavish guests, in lavish outfits, with lavish status. I was content remaining in the corner.

"What a drag." Harry's voice startled me from behind.

"You jerk!" I gave him a soft slap on the arm, "You scared the shit out of me."

"Apologies, Ms. Crow." He grinned.

"Oh not you too. Their posh is rubbing off on you." I gave him a sarcastic look up and down.

"Hey, isn't this supposed to be your thing? Fancy gatherings, money people?"

"No," I tried not to snort, "Technically this is yours too, Mr. Potter."

"I was too busy trying not to... die. Always missed the date." He gave a smug look, "I lived under the stairs, what's your excuse?"

"Must you use that every time?"

"Yes. Your turn."

"I was uh-," I swallowed, "I wasn't supposed to exist, remember?" Harry looked at me, sincerity replacing the jokes. "Only Granny and Gramps got the pleasure." I chucked, trying to erase the discomfort.

The CrowOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara