Chapter 6. Legilimency

Also, yesterday I started off with 36 readers and now I woke up to over 1k so thank you!!! I have so ideas I want to include so please stick around :)

Okay anywaysss this chapter is going to be interesting.

{updated 5.6.21}

Harry Potter

I anxiously waited for Hermione and Neveah to show up. For once, I felt better. Less worrying, less nightmares.

Spending time with the Weasley's and Sirius had been really helpful. I couldn't wait for Neveah to meet them. I hoped she'd see them as I did, in all their light.

"Look who's here!" Mrs. Weasley called out from the door.

"Hello everybody!" Hermione walked through the door first, Neveah followed her closely behind. "Hello, it's a pleasure to meet you all." She introduced herself with a pale face. Always so brave but could never handle the spotlight.

"Ah yes, we've heard so much about you dear." Mrs. Weasley smiled, welcoming them both with open arms. I rushed forward with a smile plastered on my face, embracing them in my arms. Neveah more than the other.

"Thank you for inviting me here Harry." She whispered in my ear before turning to the others. "Thank you all for having me. I've heard so much about you all and I'm looking forward to spending time here."

Mrs. Weasley smiled with approval, looking at her as if she were another daughter. "Harry, dear, please show the girls to their rooms."

"Of course, this way guys." I showed Hermione to her room first, leaving her to settle in. "Neveah your room is across from mine." I stopped in front of her door, gesturing inside.

"Thank you Harry." She replied sincerely, "it means a lot knowing you trust me."

"Of course, Neveah. It's no big deal. I should be thanking you for coming, leaving your family to stay with us." I didn't know why I couldn't stop smiling, so I pretended not to notice. Neveah on the other hand went from mirroring my joy, to as if she'd been hit with a spell. "we'll meet you downstairs alright?"

I quickly turned my face away, walking into another room.

Truth be told, Neveah was a constant thought. Though I didn't admit it, I knew deep down why I couldn't stop thinking of her. Her smarts and kindness. Her bravery and chivalry. Her smile and pink lips... I'd stop now before I think for hours.

She's been such a good friend to me, to everyone. Meanwhile I have to watch as others see her as an enemy, but I can only see her as the girl I had fallen for.

Once Neveah made her way downstairs, we sat for dinner. I introduced her to the rest of the family, making sure she was comfortable. It was clear they all adored her, I knew they would. We shared laughter and smiles like nothing was the matter.

Mr. Weasley wouldn't be released till Christmas Day. Until the day came we all grew comfortable with each other.

"So darling, did you have plans for the holidays? Anything important you're missing out on?" Mrs. Weasley served herself another scoop of mash potatoes.

Neveah switched to the same face she gave me either. Like something twisted her gut into a million pieces. Though, that's only how I saw it. No one else would even assume something was wrong. She glanced at Hermione before replying.

"No, nothing important. I'm glad to be here." She said warmly. "I won't be staying too long, unfortunately. After Christmas I have plans I promised to a friend."

That was the first we'd heard of her plans. No one asked any details, just smiled and moved on.

The table began to involve themselves in conversation. Each person growing comfortable with one another.