Chapter 8. Cries

**CONTENT WARNING**
This chapter contains mature content such as sexual material. Material is explained further, see information in "Ongoing Updates, Publishing, Warnings."

Ummm... just read

{updated 5.23.21) *added smut for you guys lol

Draco Malfoy

I used to fear forgetting her face. That one day I'd wake up, and have no clue what she had looked like. If she were to pass me on the street, I wouldn't look twice. That I wouldn't look at all. I believe that's why she was always on my mind.

After enduring years of dread, years of believing I'd never see her again. She was right next to me. I thought to myself, you have all the time in the world. You'll never forget her, not if she's with you.

I studied her as she slept. The way her lips parted ever so slightly as she breathed. Seeing her pupils run beneath her eyelids, dreaming. The natural warmth in her cheeks. The way her hair rested on my pillow, as if placed by the hands of the greats.

Truth be told, she's what kept me sane. Keeps me sane. Can she honestly say the same? How long before she breaks at my own hand?

"How long have you been awake?"

"Not long." I smiled, brushing the hairs off her face. "You're beautiful. Have I told you that?"

"Yes." She laughed as I kissed her lips.

"I love you." I knew I shouldn't have said it. If I had taken a moment to think, I wouldn't have. Yet I didn't give myself that luxury. I chose to be selfish. So selfish I hoped she'd say it back, even if she hadn't meant it.

Her face was blank in awe. If she said it back, I knew it would be the end. I would never be able to protect her from myself. She'd stick by my side, even if it tortured her. And this wasn't my ego nor my arrogance. Neveah would never abandon someone she loves. Its her greatest trait and her greatest weakness.

"I love you too, Dray." She cupped my face in her hands, drawing me closer.

I smiled. Selfishly, I smiled.

I hadn't felt this happy since I was a boy. I hadn't felt this guilty in awhile either. It doesn't  matter, not anymore. Because she loves me. She loves me, so she'll never leave.

I remembered the times we were together as children. She was the only one who ever made me feel loved; excited for the future. How could I ever let it go now that it's mine?

I found her biting her lip slowly, eyeing mine.  She climbed on top of me, placing herself over my waist.

"What are you doing, Crow?" I smirked.

She decided to take charge, pushing her lips on mine. I took her head in my hand, deepening the kiss. I tangled my tongue with hers while soft moans escaped her lips.

Perhaps I would have cooked breakfast instead. I would have stopped it with a kiss and took her hand so we might dance to her favorite song. But I knew by doing this, something we both craved, it would be enough to wash away my guilt.

I picked her up, throwing her on the bed to switch positions. I towered above, my arms trapping her on both sides. I watched in awe as her chest rose and fell as she panted.

"Don't start what you can finish, love."

My lips worked at her neck until I made circles around her collar bone. I listened as she tried to hold her breath, which only encouraged my work. I loved the way her face went red at my touch. How her body begged for more without saying a word.