Chapter 19. Summer

**CONTENT WARNING**
This chapter contains mature content such as substance use and sexual material. Material is explained further, see information in "Ongoing Updates, Publishing, Warnings."

Hey guys, just wanted to thank everyone! I love seeing you all enjoy this story and watching it grow. TikTok continues to bring in new people and I'm so grateful!

I love seeing those who were here from the very beginning still comment and read. Continue to let me know what you guys think!

Neveah Crow

A few days I think, since he had left. Through that time I've wasted away in my room, waiting at the window. I knew nothing would come.

I've sent my owl with a dozen letters, yet I haven't heard a single word back. I worry about him, I just want to know he's okay. I can't imagine him exactly, okay, living with Lucius.

"Master Neveah?" Bellbey, our family house elf, crept through the door. "You've been in your room for quite a long time ma'am, I wondered if you cared for food."

I sat up from my bed, turning to see her. She carefully walked in holding a tray of toast and eggs. I remember how she would care for me as a child when my grandparents refused. I loved her deeply. Has always had the biggest heart, despite her mistreatment.

"Good morning, Bellbey. That's very kind, but I'm not hungry right now." I smiled.

"Oh, that's alright. Bellbey was just scared for your health." I hadn't seen her in quite some time, she still had a fearful demeanor from years before. "Bellbey will leave now."

"Bellbey-" I called out, "come over here, please. It's alright." I smiled warmly, reaching my hand over to her.

"Bellbey, you've always been so kind to me. I care for you greatly, and I'm sorry I haven't been around." I spoke softly, "I know you haven't been treated with the kindness you deserve."

"Bellbey is very grateful to have stayed with you, even if her masters were not kind." She insisted, "Bellbey is happy to have Neveah as her master."

"I'm glad you feel that way, but what if things could be different?"

"Whatever do you mean?"

I stood up, walking to my dresser. I opened the top drawer, pulling out a piece of clothing.

"Bellbey, I am perfectly capable of caring for myself now. I think it's time you get to live your life as a free elf."

I knelt down on my knees, eye level with her. I took out a deep red scarf, and wrapped it around her neck. She deserved so much more. Being able to set her free made me feel at ease. The stunned look on her face warmed me with a smile.

"You've always been so kind Neveah," by the looks of it, she began stifling a tear. "Bellbey is extremely grateful, Bellbey will always remember your kindness."

Her small hand cupped my face gently, a smile on her face. At that moment, she disappeared. Who knows where she would go, but it brought some relief seeing her smile.

A heavy feeling returned in my chest, I suddenly became very aware of the quietness. There were no workers, no busy elves, no family. A grand house filled with nothing.

Finally, stepping out of the room, I realized how empty it all looked. Although the house was back to its original state, I couldn't help but feel uncomfortable. I did my parents well by returning their home, but it was no longer mine.

Removing me from my thoughts, I heard the classical door bell from the main room. Rushing down the stairs, I glanced at the posted calendar. My heart fell deep in my stomach, today's the day they would be arriving. It had been much more than a few days, and I wasn't nearly prepared.