Chapter 11. New Beginnings

Neveah Crow

The sun is a reset button. And when I opened my eyes, my mind was clear from the night before. Unfortunately, time has a way of catching up to you quicker than expected. I groaned at the thought, remembering what I hoped was a nightmare. 

I turned around to see Harry still sleeping, I almost didn't remember that part either. The sun rested on his face, his hair was messy over the pillow. Without his glasses I could see his features more clearly. I watched him in the calm of my mess, grateful as always. 

"Good morning." I blushed, embarrassed I had been caught staring. He rubbed his eyes groggily before giving me a warm smile. 

"Oh, good morning Harry." I smiled in return.

"How did you sleep?"

"I slept alright. How about you, any more nightmares?" I wondered, knowing I hadn't been around if he had.

"No, not tonight." His grin was wide enough for his dimple to show. I'm not sure why I hadn't noticed before.

For some reason, I felt myself grow nervous.

"Harry! Wake up mate, we're going out." Ron suddenly bursts through the door, catching us both in bed together.

"Ron!" Harry shot up from the bed in a panic and I followed. Ron continued to stare at us with a blank gaze, mouth hanging open.

"Is he up yet?" Hermione appeared in the doorway shortly after, the same look as Ron plastered on her face. "Am I missing something here?"

Neither 'Mione nor Ron had been told I was here last night. Especially the reason for it. Instead, they just found me in their friend's bed.

"It's not what it looks like," I insisted.

"Right. Of course you would say that." Ron laughed, he turned his head to Harry, "nice going mate." He smirked proudly before Hermione elbowed his ribs. 

"Will you give us a second?" Harry quickly walked towards the door, shutting it closed in front of them. He huffed, rubbing his face. "We'll probably need to explain that." 

"Yes, we really do." I laughed, moving onto the edge of the bed. Harry made his way back over, sitting next to me.

"I think you should tell them." He looked sincere. "Everything."

"I know I should." I looked down at my lap, "I just can't stomach their reaction. I doubt they'll understand."

"Maybe not at first," he reached for my hand, holding it gently. "But they will, and I'll be there with you." He gave me a warm, encouraging smile.

"You're right." I stood up, sliding my hand out of his, "thank you for last night Harry. You've been really good to me."

"Of course Neveah, anything." Every word was sincere. He meant it with his eyes, his body and heart. He always did, I think that's why I always found comfort in him.

"I'll take my luggage back to the other room. We should get ready, seems like they have the day planned." I smiled, making my way out the door.

Settling into the room, I let out a heavy sigh. Everything went back to dread and heaviness. A simple task such as dressing myself, felt like a chore. Like everything inside is dragging me down, taking every ounce of energy just to stand. 

As angry as I am at Draco, I still missed him. Only half a day and I can't stop myself from wondering if he misses me too. That maybe I made a mistake, that I could come back running and say I forgive him. That maybe, just maybe, he feels this awfulness in his heart too.