The Moment Of Fury

Chapter 32-

      "Karasuno made it past the prelims."

Nozomi looked up from her phone, blinking at the auburn across from her. She was helping out in the Student Council room again, since she literally had nothing else to do. Oikawa was off practicing, and Nozomi didn't want to disturb him.

      "Karasuno?" Nozomi repeated, the familiarity of the word rolling off her tongue. Where did she hear that school from again?

       "The school that gave Seijoh a hard time, you know—we went up to thirty." Masami informed.

       Oh. That school. Now she remembered.

      "Aaand, the team with that crazy freak quick-attack." The auburn added, scrolling through her phone screen.

       "Quick-attack? What do you mean by—

       "You'll get it when you see it. It's weird. But it's cool. Karasuno's number nine and number ten are weird, but they're cool. Especially the tiny number ten, he freaks me out."

      Nozomi blankly blinked, confused at what she was talking about. Oh well, she'll figure it out soon.

      Soon. The word used to describe an event that will come—not in a short amount of time, but not a long one either—sort of a good medium. But honestly, the word soon meant way too many things.

       The Spring Interhigh Qualifiers were in another two months. Two freaking months. To Nozomi, it seemed to long to be soon.

       "I'm pretty stoked to see them, though. Karasuno. I wanna see their quick-attack again, no matter how weird it is." She chuckled, placing her phone down on the table and picking up a file folder.

       Hm. Nozomi was still confused. But—

       This quick-attack, that Masami seemed to be strangely impressed but weirded out by . .

       Nozomi was slightly intrigued.

       She heard Oikawa mention them a couple of times, but he never stayed in the subject too long. And his face—his face always seemed to be twisted in sourness when he spoke of them.

      She didn't usually find much interest in a lot of things. Until this year, everything seemed nil to her . . but now—

       Everything seemed to glisten brightly.

       "I'm interested too. Not only in Karasuno, but our team too. I also wanna see other teams play." Nozomi put, feeling strange by saying something—being interested in something.

      "Miu-san, can you hand me those papers?" Nozomi abruptly blinked, quickly handing Masami a stack of papers from beside her. The auburn stacked them neatly, then shoved them into a folder.

       Nozomi cocked her head. "How come you're always staying late?"

      She shrugged, like the question didn't seem to faze her. "Cuz I feel like it. It may not look like it, but I actually like to do paperwork." She smirked.

      Nozomi deadpanned.

     "Oh come on! You see me here everyday! I know I'm temperamental and impatient, but I can get work done!" She retorted.

     The grey-haired girl sighed, not wanting to give this subject a second thought. She nodded in agreement.

       Masami yawned, stretching her arms above her head. "I need more sleep. I'm operating on two hours of sleep."