Moment Of A Mad Dog

Chapter 34-

      Nozomi pushed a red book back into the shelf carefully, another three books in the crook of her arm.

      She was currently researching books that contained the theme or message of connection, the theme her teacher had assigned the class for their project.

       She got a dictionary. Multiple dictionary's, actually. She flipped through the pages, her finger scanning the words to find the word.

      CONNECTION

noun

      1. a relationship in which a person, thing, or idea is linked or associated with something else.

      It said those exact words for every dictionary she could find in the library.

      Nozomi hoped to find a different definition. She hoped to find at least one dictionary that might have been different, that might have said something different.

      She sighed. But she couldn't.

      Pushing another book back into the shelf, Nozomi felt a sense of irritation linger in her chest.

      Perhaps she was irritated with herself. She knew what connection meant, it was a word everyone knew. So why was she having such a hard time with it?

      She banged her forehead on the frame of the shelf.

      ". . . Ow." She mumbled to herself, stepping back. The girl shook her head, sliding the last book back into the shelf. Nozomi softly rubbed her forehead, her eyes unconsciously flickering up towards the top shelf.

      A dark green book caught her eye.

      The spine of the book had some sort of fancy gold lettering, which, as childish and embarrassing to admit—it intrigued Nozomi.

      Her arm reached up towards the top shelf, trying to grab ahold of the book. She could not, as her fingers couldn't even touch the spine of it.

     Oh, to be taller would be a blessing.

     Nozomi wasn't short. In fact, she was average in height compared to other third-year girls.

     It wasn't until she met Oikawa, was when she started thinking she was really short. Maybe she wasn't the problem, it was probably the fact that Oikawa was freakishly tall. Okay, not that tall, but tall.

      She frowned, standing on her toes with her hands reaching for the book. Her fingers slightly brushed against the spine, but she still couldn't get ahold of it.

      Her throat let out an sound of annoyance as she tried to grab the book. She started to think about why she wanted this book. It was just a green book with fancy gold stuff. She wasn't even sure what the book was titled.

       A pale hand came into view, easily pulling the book out of the shelf. Nozomi blinked, her head tilting to the side.

       Oh.

The boy seemed to be staring at the cover of the book, his eyes abruptly widened and his eyebrows raised. Nozomi furrowed her brows.

       "H-Here." Oikawa slowly said, holding the book out to her, the cover face down. She nodded, quietly accepting it, their fingers brushing against each other. "Thank you."

She flipped the book over, reading the title—which was also in gold lettering:

THE SECRETS OF BEING IN LOVE 101