In Which Nozomi Takes A Stumble

A.N: for most of my life I was under the impression that a tomato was a vegetable. Oh how the tables and turned. I also realized that I'm pretty stupid.

Disclaimer: I don't own Haikyuu. Haikyuu is owned by Haruichi Furudate. I only own the characters I have created for this story.
————————————————————
Chapter 4-

It was a Thursday morning. Nozomi's ears were pre-occupied with her loud music that she didn't realize someone running up behind her and knocking her over, her knees falling first on the rough concrete. She let out a yelp as her hands grasped for balance, and her eyes slowly moved to the person running ahead of her. It was at this moment that Nozomi realized that teenage boys were even worse than children. The boy didn't even look back, he just kept on going on like nothing had happened.

Nozomi, however was used to being invisible. So she didn't expect anyone to ask if she was 'ok' or help her up. She quickly pushed herself off the ground, brushing off her clothes. When she began to walk, she felt a stinging pain on her right knee. She winced, looking down at her knee; it was bruised, blood shown.

'Crap' Nozomi thought, biting her bottom lip. She looked at the time on her phone; she inwardly cursed as she looked at the time. If she stood here any longer, she would be late for class. Nozomi took a deep breath before sprinting to the entrance, ignoring the pain on her right knee.

It's just a small scratch. I should be fine if I go to the nurses office.

Next thing she knew she was sitting on a bench in the nurses office, the nurse putting disinfectant on her bruise. Nozomi slightly winced when the alcohol hit her knee, stinging it.

"It's a good thing you came here." The nurses kind and polite voice spoke. "Your knee would've gotten infected if you hadn't treated it fast enough."

Nozomi nodded, still wincing at the stinging pain in her knee. She made a small sigh of relief when the nurse put the cotton ball down, getting a brown bandaid and carefully applying it on her bruise.

"You're good to go." The nurse calmly smiled, putting away her medical supplies into the cupboard.

"Thank you!" Nozomi quickly bowed, her head almost touching her knees and sped out of the room, hoping she didn't miss much of her lesson.

"Children are so energetic these days, aren't they?" The nurse spoke well closing the door.

——//——

After her classes, Nozomi sat on the roof of the school, bento box in one hand well chopsticks in the other. She always ate lunch alone, and to be honest, she liked it that way. She had time to do small quick-writes in her notebook. Taking a bite out of her chicken katsu, She jotted down ideas for potential stories. The pain on her knee has lessened, but it still stung if Nozomi moved her knee around too much.

The wind was calm today, softly blowing through Nozomi's short silver locks. The trees below her brushed against each other—creating Nozomi's absolute paradise. She closed her eyes, enjoying the peace she was currently feeling.

"AAAAAHHHHH!! Isn't he so hot?"

"The way he talks and smiles is so charming, I could watch it forever!"

"Hey back off, he's mine!"

"No, he's mine!"

"What did you just say? I dare you to repeat that again!"