In Which We Define Kindness

A.N: 🌚
I-I have no words.

Actually I do,
OMFG THANK YOU FOR 300 READS😦
I can't believe people would actually read this trash😶
And,
Ndosjwozoxjeiwojejc I wanna change the cover for this story again lol

Disclaimer: I don't own Haikyuu.

————————————————————
Chapter 14-

"Apparently mother and father are coming back next week."

Nozomi's hand paused, her chopsticks frozen in her fingers. Then, like pressing play on a song, she resumed, taking a bite of rice.

"Ah. I see." She quietly spoke.

The two were sitting on their dining table, eating dinner. It was only yesterday that Nozomi had been embarrassed, almost killed by a tennis ball, and had been in the middle of a pointless argument over ice-cream. Later that day, she had briefly went over those events with Hanako, who, much to Nozomi's irritation, laughed.

"They won't be staying here, though. Their staying at some apartment in the city." Hanako quietly said, sipping her tea. Nozomi nodded, unable to answer.

      She didn't exactly know how to feel with her parents coming back. Well, they would probably leave again in a matter of time, but their visits always seem so long to Nozomi. Because apparently, it wasn't until this year when she started to feel bothered by her parents remarks.

      She glanced up at Hanako, trying to figure out her facial expression. Nozomi expected Hanako to be ecstatic, and excited. That's what she expected. But for some reason, Hanako didn't show any feeling of excitement at all. It was either that Hanako was actually not very happy about their parents coming home or it was just that Hanako was good at lying.

      Either way, their parents return would only mean Nozomi's bad luck and Hanako's benefit.

      Glancing back at Hanako, she raised a brow. Hanako played with her food, as if she was lost in thought. Her eyes seemed to be burning through a random spot on the table, still and frozen.

      "Nee-san

      Nozomi was interrupted by a loud buzz from Hanako's phone that sat on the table. The black-haired adult picked up her phone, and Nozomi could have sworn she saw the slightest bit of misery flicker her expression.

      "Sorry, Nozomi. I gotta take this. It's mom."  She gave Nozomi a sincere smile, before standing up from her chair and walking towards the stairs.

      Nozomi sighed, leaning her cheek on her folded fist tiredly. Telling herself she didn't care about her parents return would be a total lie. But admitting to herself that she doesn't want them to return—well, that would be absolutely shameful of her.

——//——

Today, at 8:47 P.M

Miura Nozomi: Hey

Oikawa Tooru: why do u sound so depressed ಠ_ಠ

Miura Nozomi: Do I?

Oikawa Tooru: ¯\_()_/¯

Miura Nozomi: (¬_¬)

Oikawa Tooru: but seriously, is something wrong?