The Moment Where A Bird Loses Its Wings

A.N: bruh the more I look the cover the more I hate it.

• school is so ✨irritating✨

• Istg I keep on having constant arguments with my friends about whether miya atsumu or terushima is hotter....and yes I pick the bee ratsumu.

(After this chapter I'm gonna stop adding a few notes before the actual chapter starts because I feel like it ruins the aesthetic of the chapter. And I'm gonna stop putting disclaimers, bc I feel like you guys should understand that I don't own Haikyuu lol)
————————————————————
Chapter 16- (I just realized that I only wrote 16 chapters so far lol this story is going nowhere)
————————————————————-

      "Oikawa-san, may I take a photo with you?"

"Good morning, Oikawa-san!"

"I brought you some lunch, senpai!"

      The setter chuckled, 'innocently' scratching the back of his head.

     "Aw, you didn't have to!" Oikawa flashed a cute smile, using his charms and good looks on the many girls that surrounded him. He sweat-dropped when he heard the girls scream in admiration.

      "I love you all, but I really must get to class." He plastered a 'pitiful' smile towards the girls, and shyly chuckled when they whined in disappointment. He looked around, his head hovering above the girls that clustered around him like a mob.

      'Where is Iwa-Chan when you need him—

      And then it happened. Think of it as being told you're meeting your long lost brother or sister, and it takes a while for you to process everything. Yeah, that's sort of what Oikawa was feeling right now. Because for some odd reason, someone who looked just like Nozomi was standing a few feet away from him, her gaze intact with his.

It took a while for the setter to connect the dots. Well, for one thing it was definitely Nozomi. In the Aoba Johsai school uniform. Her grayish-silver hair and her button-blue eyes—yeah it was Nozomi.

For a moment, Oikawa thought about how cute she looked in the uniform.

The sounds of the noisy fangirls blurred out, and all he saw was the grey-haired, blue eyed girl that stood before him. Out of reach, yet seemed so close. The volleyball captain started to raise his arm, reaching towards Nozomi. He wanted to walk towards her, grasp her small hands and hear her soft voice. He wanted—

Then, the melodic school bell rang. Panicked students flooded through the hallways, all rushing to get to class. The girls gasped in panic as they too dispersed, scattering away from the volleyball player, who just stood there.

He started to walk forwards, struggling through the numerous students that walked his way.

"Excuse me." He murmured a few times, sliding past students, his eyes searching for that mop of grey hair that he had lost sight of. Oikawa started to worry for her, she was such a small girl—she could be tackled in an instant by these dangerous crowds.

"Nozomi?" He tried calling out quietly, but to no success. The setter turned his head, searching through the busying crowd. "Nozomi?" He spoke a bit louder, hoping it would somehow reach her. But it was a dead end. He couldn't find her anywhere, it was as if she had just disappeared into thin air.

"Oi." A hand grasped Oikawa's shoulder, startling him. His head whipped around, only to meet his fellow spiked-haired teammate.

"The hell are you doing, Assikawa? Your classroom is that way." Iwaizumi grunted. He saw Oikawa going the opposite way of where he was supposed to go, which confused him. Deciding to be a nice person, he went and tried to catch up to his brainless friend.