Moments Of Triumph

Chapter 29-

Nozomi closed her locker, slipping on her white indoor shoes. Days flew by like the wind, and so did her sanity.

        She's decided to put an end to these mind-numbing, heart-murdering feelings. She's decided to leave them behind, abandon them like a boring book in the library.

        Except leaving things behind—specifically this—was not as easy as it sounded. Each time she would leave them somewhere, they would always somehow find their way back to her.

         Nozomi was afraid. She was afraid that whatever feelings she may have towards Oikawa—she feared that they might hurt both of them if she let them get the best of her.

        She wouldn't know what would happen if she let them get the best of her.

         She was scared of not knowing a lot of things—and there was a lot of things she didn't know.

        She walked up to a board in the hallway, checking her schedule for today.

        Huh. She had Literature first period.

        The good thing was, Nozomi liked Literature class. It was pretty obvious, since she liked to read and write.

        She sighed humbly, walking to the set of stairs on her far right, where many students climbed. She reviewed her daily goals in her head, thinking about when she should go grocery shopping, and when she would return her book to the library—simple things like those.

         Suddenly, and arm yanked her to the side, startling her greatly. She almost whipped for her pepper spray—which she didn't actually bring since it was against the school rules.

        "Uuaahh!" She yelped, whirling around to see who the culprit was.

        Ah.

       That smug boy.

        "Yaho!" Oikawa waved casually, like he didn't just scare the living hell out of her. They were standing in an abandoned hallway, next to a set of doors which led to the back of the school.

Nozomi deadpanned.

She balled her fists, then started hitting his chest furiously. Oikawa chuckled, trying to pry her pale hands away.

"What is seriously wrong with you!" Nozomi retorted, scolding him.

"I just wanted to say hi." He sighed, putting on a fake pout. Nozomi gave him a dead, dead stare.

"Ah, Nozomi—you've killed me!" He bellowed, placing a hand on his chest as he dramatically stumbled.

"Shush!" Nozomi put her index finger on her lips, giving him a glare, which basically meant: Would you please shut up?

        Oikawa's long lasting glint in his eyes only intensified, making Nozomi's heart skip a beat.

"Why?" He smirked. "Are you afraid people will see us?"

Nozomi nodded, a straight expression on her face.

Oikawa narrowed his eyes. "Wow, you're not even embarrassed, I see?" He stared at her.

Nozomi cocked her head. "What?"

        The setter licked is lips, making Nozomi nervous.

"Aren't you scared," He leaned forward, his lips next to her ear. "That someone might get the wrong idea?"

        Oh, it's great how he understands.