The Moment Where Our Hearts Are Shared

Chapter 17-

"So."

"So."

"I—uh, well, nice seeing you here." Oikawa cleared his throat, looking at the scenery below them as students in jerseys kicked a soccer ball, aiming it towards the net.

"Indeed."

"Hm."

The two became silent once more, fidgeting with their fingers and pulling on the sleeves of their uniform.

Yeah, so this was pretty awkward. Unexpected too.

"H—How" Oikawa started, "How come I never saw you anywhere? Like, I know this school is big, but still—just, how?"

"I blend well with the shadows." Nozomi breathed, pulling a strand of hair over her ear. "It's a gift."

"Hah, well.." Oikawa chuckled, his arms propped up on the rooftop railing. Nozomi glanced at him, waiting for him to continue.

"How come you never noticed me? Like anywhere? How could you not come across this face?" The setter bewilderedly pointed at his own face, staring at Nozomi, who immediately deadpanned at him.

"I guess I don't really—I don't know, I—I don't really pay close attention to what happens around me." Nozomi quietly spoke, soft but loud enough for Oikawa to hear. His eyebrows furrowed at her, studying her.

"And either way, not everyone is bound to know you, idiot." Nozomi shot. She watched as the boy in front of her blinked. Then blinked again.

"But I'm so beautiful—

"No."

"And athletic—

"Obviously, you giant."

"And kind—

Nozomi remained silent. She couldn't say he wasn't, because the truth is he actually was very kind. He may not seem like it, but he has a soft spot in his heart, deep down below.

      "Don't push it."

      "Ah, how I love your kind-hearted insults Nozomi." Oikawa cheekily grinned at her. Nozomi ignored him.

     "I'm any case, I have to admit...." the grey-haired student started, gaining Oikawa's attention. "I find this, quite—very much actually—amusing!" Nozomi laughed, cupping her hand over her mouth.

      "What?"

      "I—I don't know, this was quite unexpected. To me, it's quite hilarious." She said into her laugh. The volleyball captain stared at her laughing figure, a smile growing on his lips.

      "You hungry?" Oikawa reaches into his pocket, taking out a small packaged milk bread.

      Nozomi blinked. "Yes." She said, naturally answering. She really was craving the curry Hanako had made for her before.

      "Let's eat together." Oikawa sat down, his back leaning on the concrete fence of the rooftop. He looked up expectedly at Nozomi.

      "Oh—I uh, I have to go get my lunch. I won't take long!" Nozomi bolted towards the doors, taking them open and running inside.

      A few moments later, she returned, green wrapped bento box in hand. She raised a brow when she spotted Oikawa frowning.

"What is it?"