The Moments Of Tranquility

Chapter 46-

THREE MONTHS LATER, JANUARY

"Your family is nice."

Oikawa raised his eyebrows at her. "Excluding the little demon we all know is Takeru, right?"

Nozomi chuckled. "Of course not, Takeru's an angel." She chuckled again when she heard Oikawa gawk.

They sat on the floor of Oikawa's bedroom, leaning on the side of his bed. Nozomi's socks tangled with the futon in front of them, which Oikawa always had laying there. She had asked him the first time she came over why he had a futon set up when he had a bed, and Oikawa answered that he watched a lot of volleyball videos on his TV, so he usually fell asleep there.

"I think my sister and your sister would be good friends." She added. She heard a small hum of agreement from Oikawa. Hanako was currently in Kyoto, having just left a week ago. Nozomi found herself at Oikawa's house more frequently now.

Nozomi blinked when she felt a weight dip on her shoulder, something soft tickling her ear and cheek. She curled her knees up to her chin, "Are you tired? I can go home if you would like—"

"No, no." He mumbled into her shoulder.

She frowned. "What is it then?"

"I hate your parents."

Ah, Nozomi pursed her lips. Two months ago, a month after they had started dating, Oikawa answered a phone call from her mother without her knowing. He described the experience as;

"Annoying. So damn annoying. They don't even give you a chance to speak. Why don't you ever just decline their calls?" Oikawa snapped, well Nozomi tried to calm him down.

"It's better to just listen than to say something back, or it becomes longer." She explained, her hands on his shoulders.

"Maybe I should've said something, and that women would have shut up."

"Tooru, please that's enough!"

She sighed at the memory. It's not like he had ever met them in person, and he's never even heard her father's voice yet, but maybe that was for the better. Maybe it's better for him to never meet either of them in person, but of course–Nozomi knew that was inevitable.

However, until now Oikawa still never told her what her mother had unknowingly said, but she had a feeling she was just ranting her complaints about her again—well this time, to Oikawa which she definitely didn't know. Each time she would ask him what she said, he would always reply with a scoff, then;

"You don't have to know. Just know that you're adorable, cute, pretty, beautiful, and adorable."

She smiled, a blush on her cheeks. Oikawa intertwined his hand with hers, laying them on his thigh. Her eyes landed on his knees.

"Which one is the one that got hurt again?" She asked. Oikawa, who had been tracing tiny circles on the bottom of her index finger paused.

"The right one." He answered, sitting up straight from her shoulder. "But it doesn't affect me. It hasn't affected me for the past year."

"You never told me how you sprained it."

"Did you want me to tell you?"

Nozomi thought for a second, then nodded. Oikawa sighed, "Just some over practice, that's all." He said nonchalantly, like it was no big deal at all.