Its Isolation

Chapter 40-

Nozomi was feeling great.

Her whole body felt numb, she was tired, she had eyebags, and book she would open would only get significantly more boring than the last one. For the first time, the black-inked letters on the pages just looked like, well—black-inked letters. Just random words in a page.

This was great.

No, no it was not.

It's been about a week since the entire . . . affliction, I guess you could say between her and Oikawa Tooru. She tried getting her mind off of him for a while, but each time a teenager would appear in the now-rather-boring-novels she was reading, he would suddenly just pop in her mind.

That was pretty convenient, right?

She had been avoiding Oikawa over the past week. And not surprisingly, so had he. Nozomi would sometime see him in the halls when she was on her way to the restroom, and she would immediately walk away and hide behind a wall.

They made eye contact once, but it was so brief and quick that Nozomi didn't have time to remember that they were . . . not on good terms anymore. Other than that, he wouldn't even give her a glance if they somehow were in the same area at the same time.

"I won't bother you again from now on, so you don't have to feel anxious anymore." Is what he had said that night.

       Yeah, but the funny thing is—it made Nozomi even more anxious than she was before. And she couldn't do anything about it.

Because, exactly what were they now? Still Friends? She doubted it. Just Acquaintances?

Now back to present Nozomi—she was on her way to her homeroom classroom because her her literature teacher, Ms. Ito had called for her. She had sent another student to find Nozomi, and that student did—as Nozomi was slowly munching on her eggs.

Nozomi slid the door open. "Please excuse me." She softly mumbled, walking into the sunlit classroom. Ms. Ito was calmly sitting on one of the student's desks, reading some magazine.

"Ooohh, he's single now? Maybe we could bang it off." She smirked, flipping the page back and forth. Nozomi blinked.

"Excuse me, Ms. Ito?"

She yelped, her magazine bumbling in her hands. The black-haired women caught it, sighing in relief. "Yeesh, you could have warned me you were coming in—

She blinked.

"Oh, Miura." She greeted, abruptly closing her magazine and throwing it off to the side.

Nozomi blankly stared. I did tell you though.

"Hello." She responded back, bowing politely before straightening back up. "A student told me you asked for me . . . so . ."

"Oh!" She beamed, pushing herself up off the chair and walking towards her lecture table. "Yes, yes. I did. Make yourself comfortable. You want coffee? Cold tea? I have some in my bag. The green tea we have here is actually pretty good."

Nozomi shortly shook her head, blinking in somewhat confusion. "No thank you."

She sighed, popping open a can of cold coffee. "Alright then. Suit yourself." Ms. Ito gulped a chunk of coffee, before breathing out and setting down on her table.

"Right, okay. Take a seat, Miura." She said, motioning her hand towards the desks. Nozomi turned her head towards the desk, then blankly turned back to her teacher.