The Moment Of A Young One

Chapter 24-

"Did you pack your toothbrush?"

"Yes." Nozomi firmly responded, quietly zipping up her simple blue suitcase. Since they weren't staying long, Nozomi only packed a few sets of clothes, and other necessities.

She could have just brought a duffel bag rather than an actual suitcase, but what was actually occupying most of her suitcase wasn't her clothes, it was her school items and books. She didn't want to do makeup work when she returned to school, so she asked the teacher for the upcoming schoolwork ahead of time.

"Isn't this going to be just splendid!" Hanako beamed, collapsing onto Nozomi's already tidied bed as the younger sister packed her things.

"Mhm." Nozomi monotonously replied.

Hanako sighed. "You packed the dress I gave you, didn't you?"

Nozomi nodded.

The black-haired women sat up, clapping her hands, smiling. "Do you like it? I think I did a pretty good job finding something that matches your taste."

"You did." Hanako blinked at her sister, surprisingly. Nozomi turned around, facing her sister with a small grin.

"It's a nice dress. Thank you, Nee-san."

Nozomi cocked her head when Hanako's eyes started tearing up.

"W-What—

"NOZOMIIIII!" Hanako shot forward, wrapping her arms around Nozomi, startling her.

"Um," Nozomi gave a crooked smile, confused on what she was to do. Sure, she's been hugged before by Oikawa—but never hugged by her sister. It gave her a warm feeling in her chest, like—

Like he did.

Nozomi awkwardly responded, softly patting her sister on the back of her head.

"L-Let's have a good time there, alright Nozomi-chan?" Hanako said, dramatically sobbing.

Nozomi narrowed her eyes, leaning into her sister's awkward embrace. She had to stop thinking about Oikawa for now, it was her sister she had to pay attention to.

"Of course, Nee-san."

For now, she just had to forget about Oikawa.

For just for a little bit.

——//——

        "I almost forgot how beautiful the scenery was in this humble countryside."

          Nozomi leaned her head on the head rest of the black seat of the car, dazedly watching the numerous trees and buildings pass as they rode the car. She had her headphones plugged in, her finger tapping her knee to the beat of the song.

         "Indeed. We've been in the city for so long, I almost forgot about what rural Sendai looked like." Her father remarked, replying to his wife's words.

        "Oh, Hanako. Aren't you just excited? The next three days are going to be about you." Her mother laughed elegantly.

        Hanako seemed to be so entranced by the outside, that she almost outright didn't answer her mother's question.