In Which Nozomi Passes Familar Faces

A.N: i could really use some of uncle iroh's tea right now.

Disclaimer: I don't own Haikyuu.

A.N: the photo above does not belong to me. i found it from the website and app We Heart It.

————————————————————
Chapter 7-

Nozomi was awoken by her slumber, welcomed by the morning sun seeping through her curtain-covered window and the sound of birds chirping. You could say that her morning sounded like something out of a fairytale, but Nozomi was nothing near a Disney Princess.

      Pushing herself up, Nozomi glanced at her alarm clock—it was almost 10:30 A.M.

      Nozomi frowned. She had been texting Oikawa since around two in the morning last night, which is why she woke up so late. She would usually wake up around seven to start the day off early. Waking up early would give you a longer day. Waking up late will give you a shorter day.

      Nozomi reminisced last night's conversation with Oikawa, both on the bridge and over text. Over text, they compared dog pictures, debated on what vegetable was the most healthiest, and argued whether school should have less homework (which Oikawa agreed with and Nozomi disagreed with). Overall, it was the most Nozomi had ever laughed before going to bed. It was also the first time Nozomi had slept so late, which made her think she was being sacrilegious.

      Draping her legs off the ledge of her bed, Nozomi stood up and walked over to the curtains of her window. She yanked them open, letting the rays of sunlight fully engulf her room.

      Nozomi had always loved the sun. But she loved the moon even more. The sun gave her inspiration, and the moon gave her this odd sense of calmness.

——//——

Gulping her egg down her throat, Nozomi opened her phone. She scrolled through the notifications, checking if there was anything major.

And oh boy, there was.

Well, it wasn't major, rather surprising.

Nozomi stopped. Her eyes widened at the notification below.

Today at 5:34 A.M

Miura Hanako: Are you doing alright?

      Nozomi blinked. Then she blinked again. And again.

      She squinted her eyes, rechecking the contact to see if it was actually Hanako who had texted her. Her breath hitched, it was.

      Nozomi didn't really know how to feel. Maybe she should be happy, or maybe she should be annoyed—but overall she just was confused.

      Why would Hanako text her out of the blue? More importantly, why would she ask if she's doing alright? Why would she even take the time to ask if she was doing alright? Nozomi really didn't know what went on inside of Hanako's brain.

      ''Maybe she texted me by accident.' Nozomi thought. But then again, even Nozomi knew Hanako was not stupid enough to text a wrong number. Even if she did, she would have probably deleted it by now.

      'Was she drunk?' Nozomi thought again, her face scrunched up in puzzlement. Looking at the text again, Nozomi thought about it again.