Coffee

"You're late." A cold voice greeted Jieun as she entered the door. She tried to act cute flaunting her puppy eyes to get away with the mini-lecture she has been anticipating to receive.

"Don't give me that look, Jieun." He continued speaking.

"I'm sorry Taehyungie. It's just that the traffic's so heavy and—"

"And what does the heavy traffic have to do with you being late? You basically live four blocks away from here."

Jieun couldn't help but laugh a little at her own silly excuse. Accepting the fact that she could never convince her workmate to believe her, she grabbed her apron and headed to the counter to start preparing for her shift.

"I need to go, Jieun. This ten-hour shift is killing me." Taehyung wanted to rant some more, but he was too tired to do so. "I badly need some sleep."

"Don't worry, Tae. I think they're hiring another one soon. Go home and get some rest. I'll take care of this." Jieun felt bad for the guy whom she already considered as her close friend.

For a week now, the two of them have been working almost double shifts in a 24-hour coffee shop. One of the baristas quit, leaving the two of them on a very draining schedule.

"I hope so, Jieunie. I'll see you later. Fighting!"

She gave him a thumbs up and a tiny smile before he bid goodbye. Once left alone, Jieun started getting ready for another busy day.

The small coffee shop they were working at was located in a busy city surrounded by huge offices and buildings. Jieun was expecting a surge of regular customers early in the morning since it was Monday.

It was almost seven when the number of customers began to increase. Jieun was so busy taking and preparing the orders and could only rely on her adrenaline rush, hoping that she won't mess up.

The customer count went low at nine. Jieun found a small amount of time to breathe properly after the hell hours. She gave herself a gentle pat on her shoulder for doing a good job and decided to put on a bit of make up after checking in the mirror and finding out that she looked like a disaster. Just when she was about to finish applying her lipstick, a new customer went inside and stood by the counter.

"Good morning! Can I take your order?" Jieun was already busy fixing the cakes on display while waiting for the customer to respond.

"Hi, good morning!" He sound very cheerful. "I'll have an iced americano, grande. To go, please."

"Anything else, sir?" She lifted her head to take a glimpse of the person in front of her. And right at that very moment, she went totally stunned.

He looks just like him.