First Love

"Leaving? Where is he going? Why didn't he tell me anything?" Jieun wanted to know all the answers, but Jungkook just looked at her with sad eyes.

"I'm sorry, I don't know too. All I know is that he's with Hoseok and he also didn't tell us where they're going."

"Will he still come back?"

"Of course, he will. He can't leave the band hanging."

He can't leave me hanging either.

Jieun realized that it was too late for her to talk to Yoongi. Now she's left with unanswered questions, including those that she kept on asking to herself.

Who is Yoongi to me?

That night, Jieun went home with nothing. She failed to find Yoongi. Worse, she did not know where to find him in the next days. She tried calling his number, but she can't reach him. She figured that maybe she had to let go of everything for the meantime and focus on herself.

Two weeks have passed since she last saw him. Jieun thought that she'd get over easily since she had always convinced herself that she has no feelings for Yoongi. But the more the days went by, the more she felt this emptiness in her heart.

"Why can't you just admit it to yourself, unnie?" Nayeon stared at Jieun. "Your brain is so stubborn, but you could never escape to what your heart has been trying to tell you."

"I don't know. Maybe I just miss him. I just miss the feeling of seeing and talking to him. It doesn't mean that I love him though."

"Ugh. I hope he comes back right now and when he does, try to tell that to his face." The younger gave up on convincing Jieun. "I have to go now. Good luck on your shift." She waived before leaving and now, Jieun was all alone at the coffee shop again.

Jieun took the midnight shift. She already quit working at the flower shop two days ago. She figured that it would be best if ever Yoongi returns. Although she was longing to see him, she hated him for leaving her without any warning. She promised herself that Yoongi will also find it difficult to talk to her when he comes back.

The door of the coffee shop rang just as Jieun was starting to feel sleepy. A man walked up to the counter where Jieun stood. She greeted him and waited for the customer to give his order.

"Oh, I know you! I saw you before!" The man exclaimed.

Jieun tried to recognize the young man. He seemed familiar as well, especially his eyes who smiled with him when he suddenly recalled who she was.

"You're hyung's first love!"

"Hyung? First love?" Jieun repeated. She was confused.

"Yes! The coffee shop girl! The girl who broke hyung's guitar! I knew it!" He happily punched his fist in the air.

The girl who broke his guitar.

There could only be one person whom she encountered with the same incident. And that was the first time she met him...Yoongi. She then remembered why the young man looked familiar. He was Yoongi's bandmate.

"I'm sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Jimin." He grinned, exposing his pretty eye smile again. "I'm Yoongi hyung's bandmate."

"I'm Jieun." She shyly replied.

"I know. Hyung kinda made it sure that we won't forget your name. And even your face." Jimin chuckled.

Jieun realized that this was the chance she's been waiting for. To finally know where Yoongi was.

"By the way, do you have any idea where Yoongi went? It's been two weeks since I last saw him."

Jimin's smile slowly faded and was replaced with a straight face. Somehow, it made Jieun anxious.

"I'm not supposed to tell you this since we promised him to keep it a secret." Jimin almost whispered. "Hyung's in Japan."

"Japan?!"

"Yeah. He went there with his bestfriend, Hoseok. Hyung was invited to produce and write a song for a famous singer there."

Jieun was surprised. She was speechless with such information. She was aware that Yoongi was a musician, but she had no idea that he writes and produces songs for other artists.

"I'm sorry if he didn't tell you, Jieun-ssi. Hyung was almost second guessing if leaving at that moment was the right thing to do. He cares for you and he worries about you so much that he didn't want to stay away even for a while." Jimin sighed. "It was Hoseok's idea to not tell you. If hyung tried to talk to you about leaving, we're certain that he'll give up this great opportunity."

Slowly, it became clear to Jieun why Yoongi had to leave without her knowing. And Jimin was right. So many things happened before Yoongi left and everything would've prevented the man to take that chance to work with someone famous. He would've stayed to protect her and take care of her. She was somehow thankful that he followed Hoseok's advice.

"How long is he staying there?" Jieun asked after being quiet for a long time.

"A week or two, I guess." Jimin replied. "Don't worry, you'll see him soon. Hyung won't let himself stay too far from you for a long time. I'm sure he misses you so much right not."

Jieun was flustered with Jimin's words. The last time she had a conversation with Yoongi, he confessed his feelings for her. Things were not clear between the two of them, but he promised to wait for her once she makes up her mind. Maybe he missed her indeed, like the way she missed him.

Jimin almost forgot to order his drink and when Jieun gave him the hot chocolate that he bought, the young man thanked her and wished her the best.

"You said that I'm Yoongi's first love?"

Before Jimin could leave, Jieun mustered up the courage to ask him another question, making him return to the counter to make sure that the lady would hear him.

"Yes." He giggled, making him look very adorable. "We used to tease him not having a girlfriend. He was too busy with the band and with his mom. Back then, he would always have bad moods. He was so grumpy like an old man. We were sometimes worried that he wouldn't find someone to make him happy. Yes, he would go out with girls from time to time, but nobody lasted. Nobody had the patience to understand him."

Jieun's heart beat faster than the usual. It almost felt surreal to realize how their story progressed from hating each other to the present, where Yoongi has changed so much because of her.

"You were the reason for hyung's smiles. Before he met you, hyung would always tell us that he don't need a girl to love. He would say that music is his first love, that no one will replace music in his heart. Now look at him now." He chuckled once again. "I bet he's written a love song because he's so inspired by you."

Jimin took a sip of the chocolate which was already starting to get cold. He added a few last words before leaving for real.

"Before he flew to Japan, he was very sure. He finally admitted to himself what he feels for you. Music, it was his life. But Jieun, you are his first love."

~
a/n: It's been a very long time since I last posted an update and I would like to apologize for that. I hope this chapter could make up for the days that you waited for an update🥺

I hope you always have a wonderful day. Take care, stay healthy, don't get sick and eat well💙