Lost

"Jieun!" Hoseok approached the lady who was just as confused as Yoongi at the moment.

"Hi. Long time no see." Jieun was screaming internally, but she kept herself as calm as possible.

"I know. I haven't seen you for some time. I even thought you already quit."

"I changed my shift. I was working in the afternoons."

"And now you're working at midnight."

"Yeah. I changed my schedule again."

"That's sad. I mean, I can't see you regularly anymore. I missed you and your coffee!"

Jieun was flustered. She tried her best not to react in a strange way, thinking it would be odd since she knew that Yoongi was watching from a distance.

"Ah, by the way, I'm here to meet a friend." Hoseok started calling Yoongi.

Yoongi scratched the back of his head. He was trying to give Hoseok a signal that he didn't want to, but the latter ignored his protest.

"This is Yoongi, my bestfriend. Yoongi, this is—"

"Jieun-ssi." Yoongi completed his bestfriend's sentence.

"Oh, you knew each other already?"

"Not really." Jieun was quick to answer.

"We just met a few weeks ago. You know, the guitar..."

Hoseok looked clueless, but then his expression changed when he understood what Yoongi was saying.

"What a small world!" Hoseok faked a smile. "By the way, we have to leave. Bye, Jieun!"

Yoongi had no choice but walk fast with Hoseok as the latter dragged him outside the cafe.

"Hyung, did you just say that Jieun was the girl who broke your guitar?"

"Exactly." Yoongi crossed his arms over his chest. "I didn't know you were friends."

"I met her here. She's the one who makes good coffee, the one I told you before."

"Oh." Yoongi stared at the americano he was holding. "This tastes...well, like coffee."

"But I swear she makes the best coffee."

"Maybe for you, but not for me." Yoongi shrugged his shoulders.

The bestfriends went on their separate ways after Hoseok gave some of Yoongi's clothes to him. He will be staying at his mom's home for a few weeks to take care of her.

Jieun went home after her shift and headed straight to bed. Her messed up schedule at work made her head ache so much that she only wanted to sleep the entire day.

She was supposed to be working at the flower shop by now if the owner didn't went through some problem. Somehow, Jieun felt relieved that she still have few days to adjust to her new schedule.

Jieun didn't even notice how her eyes went heavy before they shut completely, leading her mind into the dreamland.

Jieun woke up and found herself standing in front of a tall, wooden door. As she tried to observe the unfamiliar place, the door suddenly opened.

A slow, soft tune started playing on the background, making her feel nostalgic, but more confused.

"Where am I?" Jieun tried to ask Nayeon who approached her, giving her the brightest smile.

"Unnie, take this!" Nayeon handed her a bouquet of fresh pink and white roses.

Jieun held the delicate flowers in her hands. The music kept on playing, the sound grew louder as she tried to focus on it.

Taehyung approached her and held her hand, leading her to the middle of what seemed to be...

"An aisle?" Jieun's eyes grew bigger.

"Hurry up now. Go." Taehyung let go of her hand.

Jieun unconsciously followed the red carpet laid on the floor. As she walked slowly and cautiously, she happened to realize the strange situation she was in.

"Is somebody getting married?"

She was asking no one but herself, until she found out the clues leading to her question.

"Wait, am I getting married?!"

Jieun looked at herself—she was wearing a white flowy dress, with flowers in her hand. She walked closer to the front side of the place until she noticed a man who seemed to be waiting at the end of the aisle.

As she walked closer, she tried to look at his face. The more she got closer, the harder it was to see him. The aisle seemed to never end, until...

"Noona, wake up!"

***
Hope everyone's having a nice day! Honestly, I can't seem to do a normal update in this story. My mind's not functioning well lately😓😅 So I'm really sorry for all these boring chapters. I hope I could get over this writer's block because I want this fic to be a good one.

Anyway, I'm planning on publishing a story that has been on my drafts for quite some time now. It's an NCT x reader fic, btw. I haven't finished it yet as well, but I'm in love with the story and the characters hehe. So I'll think about it😊

And lastly, just found out that Midnight Coffee has 1.5k reads already. This makes me very happy because I'm not really expecting more people to find and read this. I'll be using this as motivation to work harder and write more interesting and beautiful chapters. Please look forward to them. Thank you so much!💙