Promise

"I'm gonna protect you."

Yoongi's voice still echoed inside Jieun's mind. It has been three days since they last saw each other and it doesn't help at all. She didn't know why, but she wanted to see him. She wanted to ask questions from him.

"You said you wanted to protect me but now you're not even talking to me."

"Noona, are you talking to yourself?"

Jieun jumped from her seat when she heard Beomgyu speak. She even forgot that she's at the dining table with her brother.

"Who's gonna protect you?"

"Huh?"

"You were talking about someone who wanted to protect you but was not even talking to you."

"I...I just remembered that line from a movie."

"Really, noona?" Beomgyu gave his sister a doubting look.

"Yes. It just got stuck in my mind. Anyway, I have to prepare for work now." Jieun immediately left Beomgyu to avoid further questions from the latter.

"Jieun, long time no see!"

"Hobi! Hi, how are you?"

"I'm doing great! Hey, I heard hyung's mom hired you as her florist. How's your work at the flower shop?"

"I guess the shop won't open anytime soon, Miss Min told me to just wait for any message for her or Yoongi in case they need my help."

"I see. Anyway, she's getting better now. I think she'll open the shop again when she's well."

"Yeah. I hope so."

Jieun realized that she's been talking to Hoseok for some time that the customers were already filling up the line. She took her friend's order and let Nayeon take the rest of the orders. She knew that Hoseok loves the coffee she makes so she volunteered herself to prepare the it.

"Unnie, you seem to be calm now. Before, when J would walk in the cafe, you would always panic." Nayeon called Jieun's attention after Hoseok left the coffee shop.

"That's a good thing, right? Maybe it's because we already knew each other now."

"Yeah. He's really warm and bright. Just like the sunshine."

Jieun smiled at the younger's comment about Hoseok. She was right. Hoseok is like a sunshine. He always gives a warm feeling to people around him...which makes her wonder for the nth time how the cheerful man became best friends with a cold and dull person.

Yoongi.

She was subconsciously thinking about the man again. She wanted to ask Hoseok about his friend, but she decided not to. Instead, she picked her phone and tried to message him.

Jieun:
Yoongi-ssi, no schedule for the flower shop today?

Yoongi:
Why? Miss me already?

Jieun rolled her eyes and locked her phone. She tought she shouldn't have messaged Yoongi. The man always makes her regret her decisions.

She tried to make herself busy with work to avoid thinking about "unnecessary" people. She figured she was wasting too much time overthinking.

From the cafe's kitchen, she could hear Nayeon mention her name. She tried peeking through the door, but she couldn't check who the person she was talking to.