Mic Drop

"But Tae, I'm already sleepy. Can't you just call manager-nim and tell him that you need to go home? I'm sure he'll understand and let you close the cafe just for tonight."

"I tried, but I can't reach him. Jieunie please. I'll cover your shift tomorrow. I swear this is the last favor that I'll ask of you."

Jieun sighed and got up from her bed. She took a look at herself in the mirror while listening to Taehyung's plea over the phone.

"Alright, alright. But promise me, you'll be early tomorrow."

"Yes, Jieunie. I promise! I just need to get Yeontan back home. I won't allow her to take my baby away from me."

"That's what you get from choosing the wrong girl." Jieun chuckled.

"Whoah. As if you never did the same."

"Shut up or else I'm not going there." Jieun jokingly warned the young man.

"I was just kidding, Jieun. Hurry up, please. I need to catch up with her before she leaves."

"Okay, okay. Be right there in fifteen minutes."

After ending the call, Jieun wasted no time and got herself ready for work. It was already eleven in the evening and she hasn't slept yet, plus the fact that she was out running like crazy before she got home made her really tired. But Jieun decided to help her friend. She knew how much Taehyung loves his pet dog and that he wanted to take custody of it after he broke up with his girlfriend. Besides, he has done so much for Jieun already, so covering his shift was just a small way of giving back to all the favor she asked before.

She arrived at the cafe nearly after twenty minutes and Taehyung was already outside, impatiently waiting for her.

"The cafe's empty. The sale's quite low this season and I think no one's gonna come here tonight so you can take light naps. Only light naps, okay?" Taehyung handed her the keys.

"I'm not gonna sleep so don't worry. Now go. Yeontan's waiting for you. Good luck!" She bid Taehyung goodbye as she entered the shop.

Realizing that the silence will just drive her sleepy, she decided to play upbeat songs aloud. She tried cleaning up all the tables, the counter and basically the whole coffee shop just to prevent herself from dozing off. Thirty minutes past midnight, she was starting to feel tired.

Just as she was about to close her eyes, her favorite song played on the speakers. In an instant, her energy was recharged. Knowing that nobody would likely grab a coffee at this late hour, she starting vibing to the song and dancing to the beat. Jieun started her own mini concert, using the mop stick as her imaginary microphone stand.

She was actually enjoying her shift despite her lack of rest. However, her good time was cut short when Jieun heard a voice which was obviously not part of the song that was playing.

"No freaking way!"