Jamais Vu

"Unnie, don't feel bad. Think about this. He talked to you."

"Yeah. And I just stood there looking like a whole failure."

"Don't worry. He'll come back. Trust me."

Jieun felt very disappointed with herself. The universe gave her a chance to meet him again, yet she wasted it. Now she was left with no choice but to wait for another chance, if the universe would still allow her.

Before that unfortunate day, Jieun remembered why the man was so familiar. He indeed appeared in her dreams several times, and each time she would dream of him, she would wake up feeling like it was real. She almost wanted to believe that there was some kind of connection between them in the past...or maybe in the future.

That night, after her shift, she went straight to bed, too tired to even eat. She found comfort under the sheets while listening to soft music. Not long after, Jieun feel asleep.

"I broke it. I broke your guitar. I'm sorry." She was crying while hugging the guitar which was big enough to cover her petite frame.

"Don't cry, Jieun. It's okay. I can fix it. Look."

He hummed an unfamiliar tune while arranging the loose strings of the guitar. After a while, he checked its tune and gave it back to Jieun.

"See? It's not broken anymore. Good as new."

Jieun gave him a big smile and started strumming the strings again. She was still struggling to play the chords she was practicing. As she tried harder, she finally got to play it right.

"I did it! Listen!"

She was happily strumming the guitar but then suddenly stopped when she found herself alone in a very dark room.

He was gone.

Jieun got up from her seat and started searching for him, but to no avail. The room was too dark for her to find him. That was the time she started calling out his name. She yelled as loud as she could, hoping that they would find each other again.

"Noona, wake up!"

Jieun suddenly opened her eyes and the first thing that she saw was her worried brother, Beomgyu.

"Bad dream?"

Jieun just nodded. She took the glass of water on her bedside table and started drinking it. She nearly choked when Beomgyu asked her about something.

"Noona, who's Yoongi?"

**
a/n: Beomgyu's back as Jieun's brother just like in my first story😁