00:00

Jieun received a message from Mrs. Min thanking her for bringing her to the hospital. She was also told to report the following week because she still couldn't meet her at the flower shop. Hence, she offered to take double shift at the cafe. For a week, she took the morning and midnight schedule. Yes, from ten in the evening to eight in the morning.

"I don't know if you're intentionally trying to destroy your health, but working this late until morning is not good for you." Taehyung gave Jieun a frown.

"It's just for a week, Tae."

"But you'll keep this schedule when you start working at the flower shop. I heard you ask manager-nim to give you the midnight shift."

"I have no choice."

Indeed, Jieun had no other choice. She had been struggling with saving money. In a month, Beomgyu needed to be enrolled at the university. Jieun had to work harder if she wanted to keep her promise to her brother.

It was twelve midnight and Taehyung was about to leave. He already finished his work and after saying their goodbyes, Jieun was left alone. It's not a bad thing for her considering that she wanted to be on her own for a while. The cafe was not actually doing great lately especially in the evening to midnight so Jieun could use the time to do some planning and budgeting.

She was busy adding up the figures she wrote on a piece of paper when the door of the shop opened. Jieun barely noticed the man walking towards the counter.

"What-" Jieun was totally shocked to see him again. After all, this was the first time they met after that unfortunate moment at the bar.

"Oh, hi! We meet again." She again heard the voice that irritated her the most. "How are you, Jieun-ssi?"

Jieun ignored his question. Instead, she asked for his order.

"Uh, the usual, please."

Jieun was dumbfounded. Why would he say the usual when this is the first time I would be getting his order?

Yoongi noticed her staring, then he stopped staring back when he remembered something.

"Oh, right. This is the first time you'll take my order. I'll have an iced americano, grande."

"Name?" Jieun removed all the expressions from her face, pretending to act differently.

"Ah, just write there Suga."

So Suga is indeed his name. It doesn't suit him at all.

Jieun went to the coffee machine after taking Yoongi's payment. She then started preparing the americano. After making the coffee, she called Yoongi, the latter happily taking the cup from her hand.

"Thank you, Jieun-ssi."

-

"Hello? Huh? I told you I can't go home. I have to take care of her."

Jieun was busy with wiping the table tops, making sure that everything was squeaky clean. The midnight was getting deeper and the cold weather makes the atmosphere feel a lot lonelier.

Her small emotional moment was paused when Yoongi picked up a call, exposing his conversation to the quiet world.

"Aish, don't feel bad. It's not like I'm going to another girl's house. This one's different. I have to be there for her. She's my priority."

Jieun was caught into listening. She was curious as to what the person on the other line was telling.

"Of course, she's the most important woman for me right now." Yoongi answered back to the caller.

Jieun's evesdropping was caught off guard when Yoongi felt the need to get up from his seat. He turned to look at the small woman pretending to wipe more tables, but was obviously listening.

"So, you're not just a troublemaker but a spy too." Yoongi smirked.

Jieun backed away, then tried to defend herself. "I wasn't eavesdropping or listening or whatever that is."

"I never said that. You're too obvious, Jieun-ssi."

She tried to argue, but nothing came out from her brain. Since she knew she was wrong in doing so, Jieun apologized.

"I'm sorry." She made a tiny bow. "I was just bored that I got curious."

Yoongi laughed at her apology. "You got curious? You wanna know if I have a girlfriend, right?"

"What? No!"

"I've seen this drama for a hundred times and it always end up with the same thing." Yoongi walked towards Jieun. "I knew it. You were curious about me."

Jieun felt relieved when Yoongi's phone rang again. It was a short call, but she managed to escape the space where Yoongi was trying to corner her for the second time.

After ending the call on his phone, Yoongi asked for another cup of iced americano. Jieun thought the coffee was still for him, but she almost dropped the same when she saw who came in the cafe, greeting Yoongi happily.

Hobi?

***
a/n: Hello! How's everyone doing? I know I've been gone for some time and I failed to update for the whole week. I was very busy so I encountered a lot of writer's block. Anyway, I'm back with another chapter. Thank you readers for appreciating my work🥰💙