What Am I To You?

"I knew it!"

Yoongi almost spilled his freshly brewed coffee when Hoseok got up from his seat and strongly tapped the kitchen table.

"Hey, will you calm down?" Yoongi glared at Hoseok.

"Hyung, you finally confessed your feelings for Jieun and you want me to calm down? Never!" Hoseok was already grinning brightly. "In fact, I wanted to shout to the whole world how happy I am. Woohooo!"

"Save that when she responds already."

"Oh. Wait, you mean..."

"Yup, she didn't give me any answer." Yoongi sighed. "My timing was super off, Hoseok. Why did I even tell her that I like her at that traumatizing moment? I'm so fucking stupid!"

"Hyung, you're not! Don't say that. I totally understand why you suddenly tell her your feelings. Even I would do that if I were in your place."

"I don't know. I'm kinda scared. What if she rejects me? What if she decided to avoid me?"

"That won't happen, hyung. Trust me." Hoseok's smile was enough to assure Yoongi that everything will be fine.

"Good morning, ma'am." Jieun took a peek at the flower shop's door.

"Oh, Jieun! What a surprise. You're not supposed to work today. I thought Yoongi already told you to take a rest for a week."

"He did. Thank you for giving me some time to rest."

"You need it, darling. But what brought you here? You should be staying at your home."

"I uh..." Jieun felt a little shy when she realized that she went all the way the flower shop to talk to Yoongi's mother. "I'm looking for Yoongi. I need to talk to him."

"Oh, that boy is probably at Hoseok's house. Did you call him?"

"I tried sending him messages but he's not answering."

"He must be sleeping. Is it urgent?"

"Not really. It's fine, maybe I'll just message him again. I'll go now, ma'am. Thank you again for giving me time to rest."

"No worries, my dear. I'll tell Yoongi that you're looking for him when he contacts me."

Jieun bowed and made her way out of the door, but seconds later, she walked back in to the same place.

"Actually ma'am, maybe I should talk to you."

"My Yoongi likes you?!" There was sparkle in her eyes as soon as she heard what Jieun shared about her son.

"I don't know if it's right to tell it to you. Yoongi might get mad at me."

"No, don't worry. I won't tell him. I'll keep it a secret." She took Jieun's hand. "I've been waiting for this to happen. I really wanted you for my son."

"But I haven't given him any response."

"Oh, you don't like my son?"

"No, ma'am. That's not it. I mean, it's not that I don't like him..."

"So you like my son?" Her cheerful voice came back.

"I...I'm not really sure. He's done a lot of things for me. He makes sure that I'm always safe. He makes me happy. But I don't think I can commit this early."

"Jieun, it's okay." The old lady gave her a reassuring smile. "You should take your time to sort your feelings out. You don't need to rush into liking him back or rejecting him."

"But I need to tell him about this."

"You're right. You should not leave him hanging at least."

After their talk, Jieun somehow felt relieved. She's unsure of her feelings, but listening to the advice Yoongi's mom gave her gave her more courage to talk to the man.

But where is he? Where's Yoongi?

Evening came and Jieun got tired of waiting for Yoongi's reply.

"That's it!" Jieun got up from the couch.

"Noona, you okay?" Beomgyu paused doing his homework when he noticed his sister talking to herself.

"Yeah. I just thought of something. I need to go out."

"It's late, noona."

"I'll be back in an hour."

Jieun walked out of their apartment, completely ignoring Beomgyu who was still talking.

That moment, she figured the place where she had to go to.

"Jieun-ssi?"

Jieun looked up to the familiar man who called her name.

"I'm Jungkook. Yoongi hyung's bandmate. The waiter said you're looking for him?"

"Yeah. Is he around?"

"No. Actually, hyung asked for a break."

"Oh. Then I should to his house instead."

"Wait. He didn't tell you?"

"Tell what?"

"Hyung's leaving."