Hope World

"Why are you sad, Jieun?"

Jieun lifted her head. "Yoongi?"

"Are you crying?"

"No. I was just sleepy." She tried to rub her eyes to hide her tears.

"Don't cry. You know that I hate to see you sad."

"But you left me. I was looking for you."

"I never left. I'm here. I'm always here."

Jieun stared at his lips. He was saying something, but she couldn't seem to hear his words.

He then gave Jieun a confused look and held her shoulders while calling her name.

"Jieun. Hey, Jieun."

Jieun opened her eyes and found Taehyung gently shaking her shoulder. She was lost for a while, but suddenly realized where she was. She also remembered what happened that midnight which made her feel so drained and tired.

"Oh shit!"

She jolted from her seat which also shocked Taehyung. "Jieunie, it's fine. It's just me, Tae. See?" He showed her his signature boxy smile.

Jieun was somehow relieved to see her beautiful friend. "I'm sorry. I fell asleep. I don't even know for how long."

"You're lucky nobody went here. And the money's safe in the counter."

"I'm really sorry. I was so tired and sleepy." Jieun decided not to tell Taehyung about the man who went at the cafe. She wanted to keep it to herself to avoid any worries from her friend.

"It's okay, Jieunie. I'm here. You can go home now. I'll take charge until the night shift so you can take a rest the entire day."

"Thank you, Tae. By the way, did you talk to your ex? Did you get Yeontan back?"

"Yeah. And we also got back together. Thanks to you!"

"Aish. I knew it! You really can't say no to her."

"It's because I love her, Jieunie."

"Love? Is love even real?" Jieun still wanted to make fun of Taehyung, but she was starting to get headaches. "Alright, I'm leaving. Stay in love."

"You're just jealous you're a zero."

"Whatever Kim Taehyung."

Jieun was still watching Taehyung from the window outside the cafe when she suddenly bumped into a tall figure. When she faced him, it was as if her world has stopped turning. Surprisingly, the building headache was also gone in an instant.

"I'm sor—oh, it's you!" The man was surprised to see Jieun.

"H—hi." Jieun seemed to forget how to speak.

"Jieun-ssi, right?" The man was smiling brightly like he usually does.

Jieun just nodded, still figuring out what to say. She was really caught off guard.

"You got no work today?"

"I...I just finished my work. I took the night shift." Finally, Jieun found some courage to talk to him.

"Oh. I guess my timing's always off." He scratched the back of his head. "Hey, do you have something else to do?"

Jieun shook her head instantly in response to the man's question.

"Great! Can I invite you to have some coffee with me?"

Jieun couldn't believe what she just heard.