Not Today

"Ugh. It's him again." Jieun tried her best to stay hidden behind Taehyung, but she failed.

"Jieun! We meet again!"

She rolled her eyes before faking a smile.

"How are you? It's been a long time." The voice continued.

A long time?

"Why are you here? I thought you already transferred to a new place." Jieun finally felt the need to talk and drive the man away.

"Well, yes. I actually moved out and started my new job last week. I just dropped by to check if you're here."

"Why would you still do that?"

"Jieun, are you still mad at me?" He tried to approach Jieun behind the counter. "Don't you miss me?"

"Sorry bro, but this place is already off limits for people like you." Taehyung blocked the man who was about to grab Jieun's arm. "If you don't want any trouble, I suggest you leave right now."

The man laughed in disbelief. "Come on, Jieun. I didn't come here just to be driven away by someone I don't even know. Who's this? Your new boyfriend? You're collecting guys to replace me now huh?"

"Please just leave." Jieun was trying her best to control her anger.

"You heard her? Leave!" Taehyung's voice became deeper and louder.

Jieun felt braver with Taehyung by her side. "Leave! Or else I'll call the manager. We have nothing left to talk about so please, just leave me alone!"

Taehyung walked closer to the man with his threatening stare. Not long after, the latter started backing out. He had no choice but to walk away after giving Jieun a hateful glare.

"What's with that guy?" Taehyung was still fuming mad after the the man strongly shut the door of the cafe.

"I don't know. I wasn't really expecting to see him again. Specially here."

"He's too brave to come back. He caused too much trouble last time."

"I know." She sighed.

Jieun leaned on the wall just beside the coffee machine displayed behind the counter. She sighed again, thinking of the man who Taehyung just told to leave.

Namjoon.

Why was he even here? He dumped me one month ago.

Of course, she was hurt at first. They were together for more than a year. But after finding out the reason why he left her, Jieun threw away all the affection she had left for him. Apparently, he found someone else, cheated on Jieun, then decided to just ignore and dump her.

But what was worse was that he made it look like she was the one who did something wrong.

Two weeks after they broke up, Namjoon tried to win her back. When Jieun refused, he went to the cafe one day and without a single word punched Kihyun, Jieun's co-barista, on his face. Seeing him working with Jieun during her shift, he randomly blamed the poor guy as the reason why their relationship got cold and why Jieun broke up with him. He twisted everything that happened. He made Jieun look like she was the villain in their story.

After the incident, Kihyun quit his job and never returned again. He was mad at Jieun and the latter didn't even had the chance to apologize before he left. Jieun felt really bad for the big trouble she had caused. Fortunately, the cafe manager listened to her explanation. Taehyung also begged him to let Jieun stay, on the condition that Namjoon will not show up at their workplace again.

"You're lucky manager-nim already left. If he saw that asshole inside our store, you're done."

"I know, Tae. I'm sorry. And thank you for saving me from that monster."

Despite the fact that Taehyung was scolding her again, she was relieved and thankful enough that Taehyung was taking a shot hour of overtime at work. At least there was someone who helped her drive Namjoon away.

Taehyung was still grumbling but Jieun chose to ignore him. She was too tired to listen to his lectures and complaints.She didn't want to talk about Namjoon ever again.

***
a/n: I'm sorry if I had to make Namjoon the bad guy in the story. We all know how sweet he is in real life😁