everythingoes

The next day after their mini celebration at the bar, Jieun woke up to a phone call from an unfamiliar number. She was hesitant to answer, but decided to pick it up anyway.

"Hello?"

"Hello. Is this Jieun? I'm Mrs. Min. Is it okay for you to drop by at the shop later?"

Jieun was surprised to know who was on the other line. She still had three days left before starting her part time job as a florist, but the owner already wanted her to report for work.

"Sure, ma'am. But I can only report this morning. I still haven't fixed my schedule at the cafe and I have my afternoon shift for today."

"It's okay, dear. I just need you to help me with something and it won't take long. Just drop by when you're not busy."

After their conversation, Jieun hurriedly took a shower and prepared herself. She then went downstairs to look for Beomgyu. She found her brother sitting on the living room floor, watching a movie.

"Beomgyu, could you at least clean up before you slack off?!"

He didn't respond, making Jieun irritated. Grabbing the throw pillow on the couch, she threw it at the young man's back.

"Ow!" Jieun finally got her brother's full attention. "Why so mean, noona?"

"Mean? Didn't you hear me talking to you?"

Surprised, Beomgyu shook his head. Jieun had no choice but to repeat her words.

"Could you at least clean up before you slack off?" She pointed to the dining table where her brother left the empty bowl he used in eating his cereals.

Beomgyu seemed to be scared of his sister that he immediately got up and took the bowl, dumping it in the sink. When he noticed that Jieun had no plan of leaving him alone, he started washing the bowl. It was only then that Jieun walked towards the door.

"I'm going out. I have something urgent to attend to?"

"A date?"

"Nope. I have no time for that."

"Ah noona, I wouldn't be surprised if you grow old single."

"And what is wrong with that? It's much better than to find another asshole." Jieun slammed the door of their home, walking briskly on her way to the flower shop.

When Jieun reached the shop, she found it empty. She gently pushed the door and was surprised to see that it was open. When she finally stepped inside, Jieun found the owner of the shop lying unconscious on the floor.

Jieun hurriedly approached the lady, checking if she was breathing. She somehow felt relieved that the old lady still was, but she was not responding. Trying to calm herself down, she dialled the emergency number and waited. Few minutes later, the woman was taken to the nearby hospital.

Jieun was waiting at the lobby when a nurse approached her.

"Excuse me, are you the patient's relative?"

"I, uh. I'm not a relative. I'm just her employee. Is she okay now?"

"Do you know at least someone related to her?" The nurse completely ignored her question.

"I don't, but I'll check her contacts if I could find one."

"Okay, please let us know."

After the nurse left Jieun, she took out the phone from her pocket. She saw the same phone before she left the flower shop and decided to bring it along. Jieun checked the messages to find someone whom she could call and when she found one where the sender called the lady eomma, she immediately called the same.

Jieun was growing impatient as there was no one answering the call, but on her third attempt, she heard a sleepy voice on the other line.

"Eomma? Why are you calling? If it's about that old man again—"

"Hello? Is this Mrs. Min's son?"

There was a short silence, followed by a more awake voice much different from what she heard earlier.

"Yes. Why? Did somethig happen to her?"

"She's at the hospital right now. The nurse asked me to call her relative. She didn't tell me anything about her condi—"

"Where is that hospital? Could you please message me the location?" There was already an obvious panic in his voice.

"I'll send you the address."

"Thank you."

After the call, Jieun messaged the address of the hospital to the number she called. She waited for a while for the person to come, but when she noticed that it was almost time for her shift, she informed the nurse about the relative who will be coming and gave her the lady's phone. Jieun left, rushing her way to the cafe.

The moment he received the location, Yoongi immediately started his motorcycle and sped up on the way to the hospital. It took him some time to reach the place and when he was finally outside the room where his mother was confined, a nurse approached him.

"Are you Mrs. Min's relative?"

"Yes, I'm her son. Where is she? Is my mother okay?"

"Sir, the doctor is on his way to talk to you. For the meantime, you can go to your mother. She's already conscious."

Before the nurse left, she gave him the phone that Jieun left. Yoongi slowly entered the room, careful not to make any noise in case his mother was asleep.

"Eomma?"

"Yoongi, why are you here?"

"Somebody called and asked me to come here. What happened?"

"I really have no idea. I remember I was at the shop then when I woke up, I was already here."

Yoongi got worried with what his mother told him. He's always been brave, but when it's about his mother, he's always filled with fear.

Half an hour later, the doctor came and approached Yoongi and his mother.

"Mrs. Min, I'm Doctor Kang. How are you feeling?"

"I'm feeling okay now, doctor."

"Doctor, what happened? Is there something wrong with my mother?"

"You don't have to worry. Your mother just experienced overfatigue and it's nothing serious. But if this repeatedly happens, it might result to something dangerous to her health."

Yoongi was attentively listening. Somehow, he felt relieved with the doctor's news.

"You can actually go home today. I have listed here the medicines and vitamins that you mother has to take. And also, ma'am, please take a full rest for the meantime. Avoid getting stressed."

Yoongi tried to mentally take note of all the reminders the doctor had given them. That same day, his mother was discharged from the hospital and he brought her back to her home.

"Eomma, you heard the doctor, right? You should take a rest."

"But the flower sh—"

"Aish, don't be stubborn. Just follow the doctor, okay?"

Yoongi's mother took a deep breath before nodding "Then maybe it's really time to sell the shop."

"Eomma, nobody's selling anything. I already told you and I'm telling you again. We're not selling our shop."

"But how can I even take care of it when I need to rest?"

"Just stop worrying, okay?" Yoongi took his mothers hand and held it tight.

"Leave it to me. I'll take care of the flower shop."