Mettle||17

3rd P.O.V.

mettle
/ˈmɛt(ə)l/
noun
noun: mettle; plural noun: mettles
a person's ability to cope well with difficulties; spirit and resilience.

The first years who looked at their upperclassmen sweat-dropping of how energetic they were. "These are your senpai!" Atsumu, Osamu, Ginjima boasted after passing all of their exams. Holding up the test paper that was just given back awhile ago, the eighty percent circled in red that they boasted of. Atsumu who just got five percent less than the other two, he flashes a grin with his perfect white teeth.

Mayumi giggling in the background, trying to hold her giggles in. "You guys I expected more than that but I guess idiotic behaviour still surpasses knowledge. Maybe we should have taught you harder." Mayumi was laughing because the first-years who got higher than their upperclassmen just stared at them sweating while looking at them blankly. "If you guys didn't know my precious kouhai got higher than you lot!" She plants a smirk on her face, Riseki who got ninety-seven percent on two of his test and ninety-two percent on his Biology, all of his tests were basically above ninety percent.

"What did you get!?" Atsumu demanded for an answer, pointing at Mayumi accusingly as if she's done something wrong. Ginjima nearly slapped his face when he heard Atsumu demand for Mayumi's grades, Ginjima was thinking that Mayumi possibly had and probably had a hundred percent on her exams or above ninety-five percent. Mayumi took out her exam papers and flashed them like cards showing off her grades. She was a genius.

"As if you guys didn't expect that." Suna says entering the gym, Y/n who walked behind her yawning behind her mask. He places his water bottle above the brown bench besides Osamu's grey bottle. Ryūjin's head popped up from the door motioning Y/n to come, they all turned their head to the curly head male wondering why he was there.

"What is it Ryūjin?" Her muffled voice sounding quite angry, "m' quite in an impatient mood today and I apologise in advance if I say anything inappropriate." Ryūjin just beamed her a smile similar to his twin's, the Sakamoto twins sure have the same smile Y/n thought, not like she never knew that anyways. Waiting for him to answer as he was taking quite long, he rubbed the back of his neck looking quite nervous.

"You know about the training camp? I heard from coach that we won't have enough space in the bus since lots of new members came this year so some of us might join your bus. That being said, Tenji might be there." Fidgeting with his fingers while saying it, drawing small circles on his palms. Y/n just placed her palm on his shoulder and patted it, she knew that her friends were always worried about her and she didn't want them to be. She always had thought that they were more invested to her life rather than their own life.

"Ryūjin don't worry, it's not like something bad will happen." He sighed of what she said, they both knew when Tenji was around the four aren't able to control their anger. "Please don't send him to the hospital like last time." She said making him let out a low chuckle. He remembered clearly how the four kicked Tenji's ass after breaking Y/n's heart, no one had dared to stop them as they were too scared, stopping them would be like signing a waver to hell.

"He deserved that beating." Mikazuki said entering the gym. "Ryūjin practice is gonna start, come. G'luck dealing with idiots Y/n." Mikazuki waves off her goodbye with Ryūjin who walked in front of her going to the basketball court. Y/n just rolls her eyes when she heard Mikazuki's evil giggle. The basketball team was more disciplined than the volleyball team but it doesn't mean they are not idiots like them.

"Man if I was in the basketball team maybe I can stare at the captain's abs, he looks packing as well." Her thoughts were disrupted when Komori Motoya enters her mind. "But Komori-kun is much more hotter and cuter than them anyways." Everyone looked at her oddly when she blurted out her lewd thought about the basketball team's captain being packing or giving off big dick energy, penis rather to sound a bit more appropriate. Osamu looked down on his lower area while covering it, Ginjima who did the same thing looking quite uncomfortable.