Furciferous|| 24

3rd P.O.V

Adjective||Meaning:
Brat;rascally;scandalous

It was their last day in Miyagi Prefecture, the Inarizaki Volleyball Club was already preparing to head back to Hyōgo. The beach day had happen last week, Aomine and Momoi who they last saw during the beach day and had already bid their goodbyes. Momoi was tearing up that day because she didn't know when she will be able to see her friends again, Aomine was a bit sad but he knew that he'll see them another time.

"Y/n summer break is coming up, would you like to hang out sometime?" Akashi asked, his eyes beggingg for a 'yes' to his answer. Y/n gave a thought about it and was thinking if she had anything special during summer break. She was trying to consider his feeling and she knew the male was never the one to go out with someone and mostly kept himself busy in work.

"I'd love to but don't you think Kyoto's quite far from Hyōgo?" She didn't want to reject the male's offer because she truly loved the idea of hanging out with him. She didn't want to waste his time by making him wait for a day just for her to arrive in Kyoto. He saw the troubled look in her eyes and formed a thin lipped smile again feeling her heart thump.

"If you're worried that you'll be wasting my time then don't." He said, Y/n hated how her heart thumped. "I'll waste my time for you, Y/n." She knew it was bad, how she heard her heart thumped, how she felt it stop. She knew she couldn't fall in love one more time because she knew that she couldn't, too scared to fall in love once more.

Akashi Seijūrō was her first love not Tenji, Seijūrō and Y/n knew each other ever since they were young when his mother was a companion of her mother. They met when they were about eight years old, she grew fond of him when they met each other. She didn't know how they clicked but somewhere on her heart, his presence was calming. They met a few months before her brother's death, Y/n used to be more joyous, her cute cheeky grins that melted anyone's hearts. After Tsukiyomi's death, Y/n found herself succumbed into darkness, her only escape was Seijūrō and her other friends. Suijin and Seijūrō was mostly there, they were the shoulders she used to lean on.

She loved him at the age of thirteen, she didn't know what to say to him so she had kept it silent. She didn't want to ruin the relationship they both had and kept her feelings hidden in the dark thinking it was just a childish crush. At the age of fourteen, Seijūrō fell in love with Y/n but Y/n had already started dating. Destiny wasn't letting them be together, it looked like the red strings of fate was fooling around with them.

At first year of high school Y/n fell in love with Miya Atsumu and had long forgotten about her past lovers, she was swept up her feet by the man whom she trusted whole heartedly only to be made look like a fool. Y/n was snapped out of her thoughts when her body was slammed onto Seijūrō's body, her head nuzzled on his neck. She inhaled his men's cologne that was definitely similar to the cologne Rintarō uses when he goes to school. "I am so glad we met each other, Y/n, even if we're never meant to be together. I'll always cherish you."

His scent filled in her nostrils but she stopped inhaling in when she heard what he said. She knew what he felt, neglected. She knew she couldn't return the same feelings he had for her and she once had before, she wasn't able to love anymore. Why? Because she already gave her heart to him, quite stupid you might say but he was the only ray of light she had when she was alone. She swore to herself to give the man, who gave her light, her heart. "Don't be sorry Y/n." Her hands shakily made its way to his back and hugged him. His chin rests on top of her head, he formed a smile on his cherry lips.

"When you truly love someone, you will want them to be happy even if it's not with you. I remember you saying that, those words struck me in the chest, tattooed on my mind." He caresses her head and continued to hug her, not moving from his position. He liked how he heard her breathe, how they were close to each other despite their hearts being so far away. Call him a fool, but he loved her for she was the rainbow that came after the rain.