Nighted||33

3rd P.O.V.

Nighted
Meaning|Adjective:
Overtaken by night or darkness.

"Atsumu build up more of your stamina." Mayumi advices the setter. "If we were in a match that had five sets you wouldn't last that long, you're the starting setter of the team." Mayumi was watching over the team this time while Y/n was busily jotting down on their improvements and what they lacked. "Y/n write stamina for Atsumu and Akagi-senpai!" She yelled at Y/n even though she was just sitting write beside.

"I know that and don't yell at me, I'm just beside you." Y/n huffs, she quickly wrote down things they needed to improve on, having different pages for each member. On the top right of the page was a poorly drawn portrait of each member. Atsumu took a quick glance at the (h/c) female, he remembered her smile, as if it was tattooed in his mind he wasn't able to remove it.

"That's a cute drawing." Mayumi bent down her head, Y/n who was just sitting in the bench nearly jumped out of her seat when she heard her voice right next to her ear. Glaring at her in a warning way, Mayumi returned with a nervous smile. "I can't believe we're already back at school, the last time I checked I was still busy watching dramas. Time does fly by fast." She looked disheartened that Summer Break was already over, the manager had ought watch more shows and enjoy the warm summer sun.

"The Inter-High is also coming up isn't it?" Y/n said, the tone of her voice was soft, it sounded like she was saddened by it. "The third years are leaving soon." Y/n may not show it but she had created a bond with the volleyball team, they were also like her own family as well. "I wonder who is winning this year's Inter-High." She looked up at the ceiling, looking at it as if she was going to find something interesting.

Mayumi slapped Y/n's back hard, hard enough to make her bend. "Now Y/n, stop being so negative. Just think about what is to happen now, don't worry about the future." She gave her a comforting smile, showing off her perfect white teeth. "Do you think our team will win Y/n?" Her smile and happy face disappears and was replaced with a curious look.

"I think don't know but I'm sure that our team is powerful enough to go through the qualifiers." Y/n stated the obvious, Inarizaki High was technically the strongest volleyball team here in Hyōgo, it would be no trouble in them going through the qualifiers. Like the Volleyball team, the Basketball team has also powered up when the Tenji, Suijin and Ryūjin came in and having Mikazuki as their manager was also a big help.

"Stating the obvious like you always do." Mayumi rolls her eyes, she was standing behind Y/n's right side while watching the team practice as the two coach had gone off when they received a call from another school. "Y/n," Mayumi said while looking at the blond setter. "I'm not the only one who is getting a heavy feeling, right?" Mayumi looked down at Y/n with a concerned look on her face.

For the past few days, the five friends had been getting a bad feeling about something but none of them could pinpoint on what it was about but when they do, it always ended up with them looking at Miya Atsumu. Suijin knew he was bad news but he held a familiar heavy feeling in his chest like he used to have when Y/n was dating Atsumu.

"I know Mayumi." They both continued to look at Atsumu. Yesterday, Suijin was telling Y/n to stay away from Atsumu however Y/n wasn't able to stay away from him if he was in the volleyball team and a friend of her brother, she also didn't want to avoid Atsumu to not form any awkward tension between them.

Out of the blue, Sakusa Kiyoomi entered Y/n's mind, the memory of him kissing Y/n's forehead before they left. It was only Y/n that knew it, even Suijin didn't know that Sakusa kissed Y/n on the forehead. It was only right when Y/n left the room she was staying in and was greeted by Kiyoomj who was leaning by the wall, when he randomly pulled her and pulled down his mask, his soft lips kissing her forehead. "Y/n can you refill my bottle please?" Atsumu's voice pulled her out of her trance.