Ruing||44

3rd P.O.V.

Ruing
Noun|Meaning:
feel remorse for; feel sorry for; be contrite about.

On her last day in Inarizaki High came the awarding ceremony for the top student for the term. Even the school's director was there, he was the one holding the certificates. The principal was the one announcing whilst the vice principal was the one welcoming the parents. Y/n's parents were too busy from work so they were unable to attend the school's ceremony.

"From the second years." The principal began his announcement, he held a piece of paper on his right hand while his left hand was leaning on the wooden podium. He looked up from his paper and began announcing the awardees from the second year.

"The top five of our second years are," he made it sound almost suspiciously exciting. "Top 5, Sakamato Ryūjin." Ryūjin went up to the stage with his mother who walked beside him. The twins mother wore a white with some black parts dress and a pearl necklace, she had a black handbag on her hand.

"Top 4, Miyamoto Mikazuki." Mikazuki followed by after Ryūjin and walked beside her mother. Mrs.Miyamoto was wearing a very beautiful pastel pink dress that had a puffed up shoulder sleeves, wearing a pairing pastel pink shoes that had a bow on the shoes.

"Top 3, Sakamato Mayumi." The twins father then went up the stage with his youngest twin and favourite child. Their mother's favourite though was Ryūjin. Their father wore a black suit with no tie or bow, he was a doctor that worked at a private hospital in Tokyo.

"Top 2, Hayashi Suijin." Suijin went up the stage alone without his mother nor father as they were both busy for their business trip. Suijin was always understanding and never got upset if his parents were unable to attend an event.

"Top 1, L/n Y/n." Y/n walked up the stage, her parents were too busy with their own jobs. Everyone's eyes turned to the girl and their focus was just on her expressionless face. She stepped up the stage, her school shoes that had a few centimetres heel made her a bit more taller. She received her certificate and stood next to Suijin.

They all bowed together at the same time including their parents. "I'd like to make an announcement." The school director interrupts with his own mic. "Ms.L/n Y/n here has been accepted to Rakuzan High, as we very well know the top High-school of all of Japan." The director had round rimmed glasses, his hair was grey with some black. "This school has sent students to high universities or high schools however, those who have tried entering Rakuzan sadly failed. I would like a round of applause for Ms.L/n for representing our school with her intelligence." A round of applause came. "Ms.L/n would you like to have your moment?"

"No thank you sir. I'd rather not disturb such a special occasion for a mere speech." She declines the man's offer. Unlike the vicious principal who wanted Y/n to stay, the school's director was happy that the result of his school's academics led to a student that has finally achieved going ti Rakuzan High. Although Y/n couldn't take the scholarships that was offered she had to take the normal entrance exam, her father was willing to pay for her school fees.

Miya Atsumu was watching the school ceremony with anger bubbling inside him as he watched Y/n go up the stage. His thoughts were interrupted when a small ring came through his phone that showed a voice message from an unknown number. He had ought to block the number but there was this something that pushed his mind to say no so he just left it alone untouched.

The Big Five all stepped down the stage, with their certificates on hand. "I'd also like to talk about the volleyball club who represented our school on the inter-high months ago, I never gave them an official congratulations so now is the perfect time." The director claps his hands with a small flat smile on his face.