1; first year at hogwarts

DAISY WAS HONESTLY GOING TO EXPLODE

DAISY WAS HONESTLY GOING TO EXPLODE. Her sister Lily had been tapping her foot one too many times, and Daisy didn't know how much more she could hear of it. She didn't blame her sister for being nervous, perhaps it was her own nerves that were making her this on edge in the first place. 

"Sorry," Lily says suddenly "I know I'm bothering you, the look on your face says so." Daisy frowns at her twin, moments like these making her hate that Lily knows her better than herself. "You don't have to apologize, Lils." Daisy says, "You're nervous, I am too, I mean- it's a school for magic!" She exclaims, part of her still unable to believe that any of this was real.

Last month Daisy and Lily Evans had received a letter telling them they'd been accepted into Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

At first, the two girls thought it was a joke, that one of their stupid rebellious neighbors were trying to piss them off, so they threw away the letters. Then a Professor, that Daisy believed went by the name of McGonagall, although the girl wasn't really sure had shown up at their doorstep the following day. She'd told them everything, and Daisy couldn't believe what she was being told was real. 

Magic was a real thing? Not just some fiction we read in stories? 

It turned out that Lily and Daisy were the only wizards in their family, because their sister Petunia hadn't gotten a letter at all, and the two girls had noticed that their sister had been acting particularly nasty with them ever since. 

"I'm going to go check up on Severus," Lily says, slowly getting up from her seat, "Do you want to come?" She asks, Daisy, shaking her head no. 

She'd never liked Severus, the Evans and the Snapes had lived in the same neighborhood their entire lives, and while Daisy had met him a few times growing up, she found something about him unsettling- while her sister Lily, didn't seem to notice it. 

With Lily out of the compartment, Daisy was left alone, not that she minded- she just decided to read until Lily came back. She wasn't as interested as her sister in learning everything about Hogwarts- but Lily insisted she was a little informed, so here she was, reading Hogwarts: A History. 

"Sorry, is this compartment full?" A new voice asks, making Daisy look up from her book and find two girls peering at her.

One was a timid brunette, eyes blue and generally petite, with a blonde girl looking over the girl's shoulder. Daisy raised an eyebrow at the two, looking around the empty compartment,  "Er- does it look full?" She asks, making the girls look taken aback by her comment, which made Daisy think it came off rude. 

"Sorry," Daisy blurts out suddenly, "It's just- I'm new to this whole thing... magic," She tells them sheepishly, making the two girls break out into smiles while taking a seat. "That's okay," The blonde says, "We are too." The Brunette continues,