part 11; oh padfoot

DAISY EXPECTED TO HEAR A LOT OF THINGS IN HER LIFE

DAISY EXPECTED TO HEAR A LOT OF THINGS IN HER LIFE. However, hearing that Sirius Black and Remus Lupin were no longer speaking to each other was not one of them. 

She had noticed it over the past week, that the Marauders had all seemed to have separated. Sirius would sit on one side of the table, Remus on the complete opposite, and James and Peter conflicted on who to sit with between the two boys. But the thing that confused Daisy the most, was why? What caused the two boys to end up like this, as far as she was concerned; the two of them were exceptionally close. 

So finally, Daisy had enough, she decided to go to James, who she'd hoped would give her the most unbias explanation, as he looked like he hadn't taken sides, and ask what happened. 

"James!" Daisy exclaims in a pant, running over to the boy and sliding into the seat next to him as Peter was trying to. Peter raises an eyebrow at the girl's odd action, she normally sat next to Marlene in Charms while Peter sat next to James. 

Daisy grins sheepishly at the blonde boy, "Sorry Pete," She apologizes, "But I need to sit next to James for this one," She continues, slapping the boy next to her on the back. James smirks, "Damn Daisy, I didn't know the kiss made you think differently." He teases. 

Daisy scoffs, rolling her eyes and pushing the boy back jokingly. "Sod off, Potter. I needed to talk to you about something else," She says, "Which is?" He asks. 

"Why are Remus and Sirius not talking?"

James stiffened at the girl's words, surprisingly she was the first person to ask him the question, and he had no bloody idea how to answer. "Er- why don't you ask one of them?" He responds in a high pitched tone, mentally smacking himself in the head for responding with such a shitty answer. 

"Because, if I ask either one of them they'd give me a biased answer. You seem to not be taking sides, so I thought you'd give me the most accurate explanation." She says which made James take a sharp breath. He knew Daisy had given fair reasoning, and he couldn't exactly say no- if he did, she'd just go and ask either one of them, and that'd definitely make the situation worse. 

James sighs, "Alright- but no interrupting." He says sternly, "You know how Snape's been obsessed with us since the first year? Well, he'd backed off this year, which I mean I guess we found it strange, but we also just ran with it. But apparently, Sirius had still been stuck on him suddenly leaving us alone, so when he'd confronted Snape- Snape said that he'd seen Moony getting led to the Willow by Madame Pomfrey because of his y'know, furry little problem. Then Snape started sneaking around to find out what's wrong with Moony and try to get us expelled."

Daisy widens her eyes at James's revelation, she knew Snape could be low at times- but never to this extent. 

James notices Daisy's reaction, and chuckles at it, "That's not even the worst part mate, Sirius then tells Snape to come to the Shrieking Shack the day of the full moon- Moony almost attacks Snape, and I have to swarm in and save the guy at the last minute. Had to rush Snape to Dumbledore, git hates that I saved his life- means he owes me something now."