part 17; you messed up, james

LILY EVANS HAD NEVER been so upset with James Potter

For a solid week afterward, Lily didn't attend any classes she had with James or Snape. Which wasn't much of a problem, considering that Daisy, Mary, Marlene, and Remus had been more than willing to bring her homework and assignments from lessons, meaning that the Prefect was not actually behind on any learning. 

However, the issue came to when it was time to eat. Lily couldn't avoid going to the Great Hall forever, no matter how badly she wanted to. Which meant, that after two days, she would finally have to face James- but Daisy wasn't so keen on letting it happen. 

While Daisy was absolutely infuriated with James, Snape- and the rest of the Marauders, for how they handled that night. She had decided to put her anger on hold, knowing that her sister came first. So Daisy made sure that Lily would be in and out of breakfast, lunch, and dinner- along with class when she was finally ready to attend, without ever having to look at James or Snape for that matter.

"Please just let me talk to her!" James begged, looking at the three girls with pleading eyes. Marlene groaned as it was at least the fifth time today he had asked her, Daisy, and Mary. "James, no," Mary responded sternly, as she was also upset with how the bespectacled boy acted. 

Daisy put a hand on James's shoulder, her touch surprising everyone, as well, they all assumed she was going to plummet him to the ground. "James," She sighs out, "You're one of my closest friends. Which is why I'm going to tell you the honest truth, no sugarcoating." She says, "You really hurt my sister, like a lot. You aren't going to win her over like this, hell you aren't going to become friends with her if you stay this way." 

James furrowed his eyebrows at Daisy's words, as he had never been told such harsh truth in his life- with the exception of Lily, but he never used to think there was much meaning to it- now he was beginning to think otherwise. He had loving parents, friends who adored him, and people who considered him a Quidditch god- so, to hear someone, who's an opinion he valued, call him out on his shit- stung slightly. 

"You need to mature, James. And I mean really mature." Daisy says, "Because despite what Lily thinks, I think you'd be good for her. And I don't want to see you screwing it up because you refused to move on from your childish rivalry with Snape." 

***

Daisy's words had struck a chord with James, mainly because nobody had ever been so honest with him.

The boy needed to hear that, he needed to be called out on how he was behaving- as it had gone too far now. And now that he had, James swore that he would begin to mature. 

The only downside to their conversation was that it had run longer than James had expected, leaving him to forget about practicing Quidditch with Marlene and Sirius. 

"Where have you been, Prongs?" Sirius asked once James arrived. The raven-haired boy swinging his beaters bat over his shoulder as he spoke, making Marlene duck slightly, as Sirius failed to realize how close he was to the girl when swinging his bat.