part 5; surprise?

"PADFOOT! PADFOOT!" James calls out happily, running up to Sirius with a letter in his hand

"PADFOOT! PADFOOT!" James calls out happily, running up to Sirius with a letter in his hand. The boy's loud words making everyone in the Great Hall groan, it was early in the morning and no one was ready for James's theatrics yet.

"What is it?" Sirius asks, looking up from his cereal.

"You can live with me! My parents, or should I say our parents? They sent me a letter telling me right now! Dumbledore's approved since you got disowned!" James beamed, waving the letter in his hand as he spoke. 

Daisy's heart had stopped, and for a moment, she was convinced she hadn't heard correctly. Had James just said that Sirius had been DISOWNED? 

Disowned as in he was no longer a Black, disowned as in Walpurga and Orion Black looked their son in the eye and said 'We don't want anything to do with you anymore, be gone now,' disowned as in Sirius looked Daisy in the eye and lied to her. 

Sirius had thrown himself off of his seat, and onto James. The two boys embracing in a tight hug, Remus and Peter seemed just as happy for the two, knowing how long the Potter's had been trying to get Sirius under their care, and they were glad it had finally happened. 

The boy was so happy with the news, that he hadn't even noticed Daisy slip out of her seat, because when he had, a deep frown appeared on his face, and then suddenly his heart had fallen to his stomach once reality hit him.

Daisy had heard everything James had just said.

She knew he had been disowned, but worst of all- she knew he'd lied to her. 

If there was one thing in this world Daisy Clove Evans hated more than anything in this world; it was liars. She hated lies, each and every one of them, because in her opinion; nothing good ever came out of them. 

So the fact that Sirius had lied to her, for months, and she was now aware of it; Sirius knew he'd put himself into deep shit.

And the worst part? He had no idea how to get out of it. 

Sirius gives James a brief smile, putting a hand on his shoulder, "Listen, Prongs, I've got to go take care of something," He then turns to the Marauders, "I'll see you all in Charms, yeah?" They all nod in response, and with that- Sirius dashes out of the Great Hall.

He had to fix this. 

***

When Sirius had come inside the common room, he was scared, no, shitting himself actually, at the idea of having to face Daisy while she was angry. An angry Daisy was rare, but when it happened, nobody ever wanted to be on the receiving end of it. 

The boy walks into the common room, and the first thing he sees is a visibly fuming Daisy, her fiery red hair bouncing up and down as she paced around the common room. The girl was so angry that she hadn't even noticed Sirius walk inside. And just for a moment, Sirius had genuinely considered leaving altogether, hoping he could avoid the wrath of Daisy Evans if he just walked back outside.