2; summer time

RIGHT ABOUT NOW, Sirius was mentally cursing Daisy Evans for being too damn kind for her own good

'Write to me if things get worse.'

That was the last thing Daisy had told Sirius before their summer began, the two had been standing in front of Platform 9 3/4, and were seconds away from parting ways, but Daisy had grabbed onto his wrist one last time, and told him that very thing.

How on earth was he supposed to tell her he'd gotten disowned? 

Everyone knew about Sirius's situation with his family, it was hard not to when each year he'd shown up from summer holiday's with a new bruise forming on his body. Unfortunately, Dumbledore had refused to let Sirius stay with the Potters, even though Mrs. and Mr. Potter had begged him several times. 

Sirius wasn't going to write to Daisy, he didn't want to make her worry more- Merlin knows she'd worried enough the weeks leading up to the summer holiday. 

He'd officially been disowned. It felt weird for Sirius to even think about, that as of today- Sirius was no longer the Heir of the Black family. His parents, should he even call them that, had allowed him to stay in Grimmuald Place 12 until the end of summer, but after that, their ties were officially cut. He still had his inheritance from his Uncle Alphard, but he was officially cut out of Walpurga and Orion Blacks' will. 

Before then? Sirius had been the golden child, little perfect Sirius Orion Black that could do no harm, he'd always been mischievous, snarky, but back then, he was adored for it- his ways were considering charming, but now he was considered an inconvenience- the broken goods of his family if you will. 

It didn't help when they'd found out who his friends were, which was a blood traitor- that would be James, a fucking Werewolf; Remus, a shy half-blood; Peter, and four muggle-born girls; Lily, Daisy, Mary, and Marlene. 

Now, coming home after his first year at Hogwarts wasn't so bad, his parents still believed there was potential in him, so they hadn't entirely given up on him yet. That was until Sirius's second year, when his brother Regulus had begun to attend Hogwarts, and told their parents all about the life Sirius had been living there, filled with muggle-borns and blood-traitors, and his life at home had become a living hell since. 

***

It'd been nearly a month and a half since summer had begun, and Daisy had honestly lost track of how many letters she had sent to Sirius since then. She found it funny, how much she'd grown to care for the boy because back in their first year, it didn't take long for Daisy to learn that she wanted nothing to do with him. 

Now, Sirius was nothing like James- who, from the very start, had been chasing after Lily's attention, despite the several times she'd made it clear she didn't want him. Sirius let Daisy dislike him, his pride was too big for him to be begging for someone to like him. However, in their third year, when the pair had been put together for Transfiguration and decided to put their egos aside, the two learned that the other wasn't actually that bad.