part 19; pool day?

SUMMER HAD HARDLY STARTED and Daisy already missed her friends

If Daisy was being honest, she began to hate going home for the summer more and more as she grew up. She would have such a wonderful time during the school year, and then she would come home, and well- it didn't really feel like home.

Her parents, as much as they tried to understand the Wizarding World for the sake of Lily and herself, would never truly understand it, and with the war escalating and becoming worse- Daisy preferred they remain in blissful ignorance.

Not to mention, their sister Petunia hated everything related to the Wizarding World, and Daisy wasn't sure if it was become she resented them for making her the odd one out, or if she was truly disgusted by her own sisters.

It didn't help that Petunia had gotten a new boyfriend- Vernon, who was absolutely retched to both Lily and Daisy. The two had only known him for mere weeks, yet that didn't stop him from making snide comments that definitely did not go unnoticed. Lily actually had to stop Daisy multiple times from sending the boy to the hospital. 

So it was safe to say when Daisy had received a letter from Sirius, she was beyond happy.

Dear Flower,

I really miss you. Like a lot.

Sorry, that's a bad way to start off a letter. But it's true! Don't get me wrong, I love Prongs, but if I have to spend another moment with him alone, I think I'll go crazy. Hey! That's rude! Sorry, Prongs wrote something and I had to scratch it out. By the way, he misses you and Lily too, especially Lily. Well, don't tell her that! What if Lily sees this?!

Sorry. Prongs wrote once again. I don't know why he just doesn't send a letter himself! I don't want to seem clingy!  Anyways- the point of this letter is that Peter and Remus are coming over to our house next Tuesday, and we were wondering if you and Lily wanted to come as well? You could invite Marlene and Mary as well! We know they're supposed to come over to your guys' house next week, so bring them with you!

Let us know if you can come, and bring a swimsuit if you do!

With all love

Sirius <3 And James! Send your own letter, nitwit!

***

By the time Daisy had finished reading the letter, she had a full-fledged smile on her face, a few chuckles escaping her lips here and there as she caught what James had written- what Sirius had attempted to scratch out.

The girl missed the Marauders greatly, along with Mary and Marlene. Therefore, she had no problem with going. They would have another week with their family, and then she could spend the rest of the summer with her friends. She knew Lily would want to go as well, no matter how hard her sister tried to pretend that she disliked the Marauders- Daisy could see the close bond she had formed with them over the years, and they held a special place in Lily's heart, whether the girl knew it or not.

All that was left was to ask Lily if she wanted to go and send a letter to Mary and Marlene asking them the same thing.

"Lils?!" Daisy called out, peeking her head out of their father's library, looking around to see if she could spot her sister.

"I'm in the kitchen!" Lily called out, causing Daisy to head towards her sister.

Daisy found Lily making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, slowly smearing the raspberry jam over the piece of bread. "Want one?" Lily offered, handing a sandwich to Daisy when the girl shook her head.

"No thanks, I'm allergic to nuts. Remember?" She said, making Lily raise her eyebrows, a forgetful look on her face. "Oh yeah," She recalled, forgetting about her sister's allergy until now. "How come you're the only one who got allergies?" She asked, making Daisy shrug.

"I dunno- anyways, Sirius just sent me a letter," Daisy said, causing Lily to smirk. "Oh don't look at me!" Daisy scoffed, a slight blush appearing on her cheeks. "He just wanted to know if we wanted to go to his and James's house next week, Remus and Peter are going to be there as well. And I know Mary and Marlene are sleeping over, but they can come with!"

Lily turned over to her sister, "Sure, I don't mind. Just as long as James doesn't try talking to me too much." She answered, making Daisy narrow her eyes at her sister, "How long are you going to be mad at the poor boy, exactly?" She asked.

Lily crossed her arms, stomping her foot in a stubborn manner, "Until he learns his lesson!" She remarked, making Daisy giggle slightly as her sister resembled a stern mother.

Daisy rolled her eyes, "Lils, don't you think... he sort of has already?" She said, her voice becoming higher towards the end afraid of upsetting her sister as the situation was a sore spot for the Gryffindor. "I'm not saying you have to go off, get married, have a kid, and then name it after me because I single-handedly brought the two of you together." In which Lily narrowed her eyes at her sister, "BUT at least answer the poor boy when he speaks to you! Don't go on about how you think a 'certain arrogant toe-rag deserves to burn in the pits of hell."

At her sister's words, Lily tinted red. The girl was normally level-headed and sensible, it was something both sisters always had shared, and it was the reason they balanced with Mary and Marlene so well. However recently? It seemed that all sensibility had gone out the window with Lily.

Perhaps it was because Lily was noticing a change in James, and that terrified her. For the longest time, Lily was able to justify her dislike of James with who he was as a person, but now, how could she hide from him? Especially when he was becoming a good person, a likable one at that?

Daisy noticed her sister zoning out and realized that this conversation is best to be spoken of another time. "So... what do you say Lils? Do we go?" She asked.

Shaking herself out of her thoughts, Lily looked back up at her sister, "Yeah, we will."

***

Marls and Mary,

I really miss you guys. I hope you're enjoying Mary's uncle's house, although, last time we visited it didn't seem that fun. No offense Mary, but his cat meowed like all the time.

I know you guys are coming over next week, so I wanted to know if you guys are okay with going over to the Potters on Tuesday. Sirius and James invited us, and Peter and Remus will be there as well. It'll be a lot of fun!

Bring your swimsuits!

Love ya,

Daisy

As Daisy slid the letter into the envelope, a smile appeared on her face, excited for the day to come.

***

A/N: Filler chapter! I wanted to base this one off of James and Lily a bit just because they are one of my favorite ships, even though I'm in love with James.

I was thinking of releasing a Remus book after I finish this book, I've written two possible chapters. But I'm not really sure, let me know if you guys would want it.