part 7; i forgive you

SIRIUS BLACK WAS A LOT OF THINGS

SIRIUS BLACK WAS A LOT OF THINGS.  But the one thing he wasn't, was good at breaking up with girls. They terrified him! Each reaction was so unpredictable, he never knew whether they were going to hit him, cry, or just begin to laugh maniacally. 

But this time, Sirius was nervous for a different reason. Aurora was a genuinely sweet girl, and he hated that because of his own stupid pride, he'd dragged a real person with their own feelings in the middle of all of this. 

Another reason Sirius was terrified to break up with Aurora, was because he was terrified of Aurora. And while Hufflepuffs are sweet, Sirius had learned very early on during his time at Hogwarts, that it was never good to mess with them. 

"Erm, hi," Sirius says, awkwardly heading up to Aurora and her friends- who'd been sitting under a tree in the courtyard. At the sight of Sirius, Aurora perks up, a smile on her face, "Hi, sweet," She says happily, standing up from where she'd been sitting to give him a peck on the cheek, the same guilty feeling appearing whenever his girlfriend had shown any sort of affection. 

But why?

"Can we talk alone?" The Gryffindor asks, glancing over to the two girls who had been sitting behind Aurora, they'd been staring him down ever since he'd arrived, and it was not making him feel any better. Aurora nods, swinging her book bag over her shoulder, wishing her friends goodbye, and the couple began to head to a more private area. 

The pair eventually began to walk around the outside area of Hogwarts, the two in comfortable silence, or what seemed comfortable to Aurora; while Sirius panicked on the inside. He didn't want to stall it any longer, it'd just make things worse, so he needed to come out and say it. 

"We need to break up." Sirius blurts out. 

The suddenness of his sentence making Aurora put their peaceful walking to a halt and look at the boy with widened eyes, "What?" She asks although she sounds more confused than hurt. 

Sirius's face softens, beginning to feel even shitter about the whole thing- he'd really never intended to hurt her, "I'm really sorry Aurora, you're a great girl, it's just-" 

"It's Daisy, isn't it?" 

Sirius tenses at the mention of Daisy, as she was the last person Aurora ever expected to bring up. Out of all the things Sirius had expected the Hufflepuff to say, it certainly wasn't anything related to his friend. The boy raises an eyebrow, "Daisy?" He asks curiously, "What's she got to do with this?" He says, sounding dumbfounded. Aurora lets out a chuckle, "Silly, can't you see?" She asks. "You have feelings for her," 

The boy scoffs, "Daisy? Never! We're best friends!" 

Aurora gently puts her hand on Sirius's shoulder, "Sirius, I'm a lot of things- but dumb isn't one of them." She tells him, "I've noticed you two stopped speaking, the whole school has, and I've seen how miserable you've become without her." She says.